1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this kit for my Dad for christmas, now looking at the wires it
looks like it involves a lot more cutting and splicing and alot less
plug and play than I hoped. We want a quality job so were considering
having it done properly, what should you pay for that sort of install?
Or is it easier to do yourself than it appears? Any online info
available?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Bought this kit for my Dad for christmas, now looking at the wires it looks like it involves a lot more cutting and splicing and alot less plug and play than I hoped. We want a quality job so were considering having it done properly, what should you pay for that sort of install? Or is it easier to do yourself than it appears? Any online info available?
JohnW fitted mine at bluewater in about an hour or so, but, he has done quite a few and knows how to do 'em I guess. Sure he'll be along later to give some more specific information.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
~Trips over door step~

Cheers Dan

Just to confirm you have got the CK3100 Evolution??

Anyway you would not need to cut any wires as the kits are totally plug an play.

I think what you need is an adaptor lead which are available to allow you to simply plug in between the radio and the blue parrot control box

Now these leads are expensive as CKB found out with his Mk5 you will be looking at around ?35.00 from any good source

The missus (k6tyw) knows of someone who can get them but as our pc is sh11tted she may not be able to get the info but I will ask her and let you know...

Let me know if you need a hand with anything

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, yeah its this one:

Clicky

Posted Image

There are quite a few leads in the box, but there seems to be a bunch of male /
female connectors which give the impression you need to start crimping
etc? But there are also a couple of leads for the back of the
stereo. Do I need a particular lead you can point me towards? If its plug and play I shall have a go myself!

Its going into an A4 PD130 Quattro
Sportline.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not whipped it out yet, is the Audi Concert stereo, I woudld guess very
similar to a Gamma. Yup bought the kit new, all sealed at present.
Sounds like its not as bad as it looks though? You mentioned on another
thread an install PDF?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought the Parrot ck3000 bluetooth kit  brand new of ebay for?50, i have been quoted ?60 to fit it, guy says some cars need an adaptor so calls can be heard thru the speakers but will wait till i take it to them, but well chuffed seing as nokia are charging over a ton just for the kit, and this Parrot equip works with all most all bluetooth phones so if i change phones(as you do) i dont need to worry about the kit.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I quite like the look of that kit. Would it plug in to the VW Navi "D" straight away with no adapters required? Also has anyone got any pics of it fitted? I would be after doing the most discreet install possible if I decided to go for one.

(Apologies for the slight hi-jack and good luck with your fitting!)

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Here is the back, and also I already have a CD changer connected into the CD input location. I think it may be similar to the normal gamma stereo. I believe the "display" and "line out" connections are empty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 25 Posts