Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got hold of some genuien anni side skirts they have a kind of bracket in the middle of them but on my car i dont have bracket to fit it onto does anyoen know what the best way to fit these skirts are i could pop a screw in both ends and then run a bead of glue but i just wanted it to be a bit more secure.

thanks

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/54665/416417.aspx#416417

the above post states that the tabs need not to be bonded but by doign the search some say it does need to be bonded

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i got r32s on mine and mine is screwed on the end then a bead of bond ad along the top,

if i was fitting anni's i would fit the same and if yours have got the tabs on the bottom i would put a dab on each tab

that would be the way i would do it

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah they got the tabs ill sort it out i guess am going to screw each end and bead of glue just unsure what to do with the tabs as in the post obove do u glue them or do u leave it ?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The tabs are for bonding under the car. Only screw the front of the skirt.

The bead of bond needs to be as close to the top of the skirt as poss without it coming over the top when you push it on.

Think its windscreen sealant/glue they use.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
yer thats the stuff i used its the same stuff used for bonding on spoilers also on my r32's there is one screw on the front and a few tabs on the bottom and thats the way i srewed and glued mine do it that way it will be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.