Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you going for 200bhp+ then i would say you would need it, the lag depends on which intercooler you use and the pipework and turbo, yes loads of people on hear have them, the 150tdi's come with them standard

craig

·
Registered
54 Posts
that pd150 hybrid sounds the best :D would be nice to be over the 200 mak properly! lol will so some reading up onhybrid turbos as i dont know much about them really apart from basicly, there the stock turbo casing but with larger internals?

Is there alot of info about turbos in the tech section? SJ

·
Registered
179 Posts
Running those numbers are you gonna be uprating the rods, pistons, clutch etc? The pd150 engine came with stronger internals than any of the other pd engines so you may be better of in the long run with a pd150, if you want to get those bigger power numbers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ok cool thank you :) have you heard anyone mention Performance 3000 (in yeovil) on this site? There close to me but i dont know what there like?

SJ
Hey dude,

I had my remap done there by Matt Reidy, he works out of their Garage, I can highly recommend him, I cant recomend any of the other work i'm afraid! The set-up they have looks spot on though, which is always a good sign [:)]

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok cool thanks, ive heard good things about Matt from when i used to be into the rover tuning scene and he used to work wonders with mapping the dervs. Wasnt aware he did other makes.

I assume your figures in your sig are are flywheel not wheels? and did he use there rolling road to do it?

SJ

·
Registered
747 Posts
Running those numbers are you gonna be uprating the rods, pistons, clutch etc? The pd150 engine came with stronger internals than any of the other pd engines so you may be better of in the long run with a pd150, if you want to get those bigger power numbers.
either the pd130 or pd150 are fine until silly power...

the pd130 will probably be more reliable as it doesn't have the pd150 chocolate cam

you will need a clutch and flywheel however for silly figure's, i'd recommend the helix and smf

·
Registered
157 Posts
i bought a front mount off ebay only 65 quid posted, it is ideal around half the size of a forge one but a 10th of the price. took a little effort to fit it, im going to make a post about it, not many pictures but i will describe well. but i havent took it out to try it yet because of the snow ill get back asap when ive tried

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's nice to hear that I've got a decent base from which tO start! Lol
So is a helix clutch still a dual mass jobbie or is that a smf? And what are we calling silly figures?
SJ
silly figures.... im sure people are running 270bhp + on stock internals....

you will need uprated injectors past 230bhp though

yeah helix and a Single Mass Flywheel, awesome kit!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts