Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a custome exhaust made, is there anywhere I can buy a rear valance from to accommadate the pipes instead of cutting the one thats on? I notice awesome gti sell the millteks, but will these need a new valance also?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just 2 pipes on the same side, but I dont want to be doing any cutting, cos I think the diy jobs look crap especially if i do it!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Milltek do back boxes with downswept stubby hidden tips just like the original exhaust. I personally prefer the tips to be hidden, unless they are poking out from left and right sides, for the balanced look.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt realise you could get a milltek with hidden pipes [:D]

sounds good to me. Is that the v6 4 motion valance, looks good, where did you get that from if you dont mind me asking?

Does it come as the black plastic like the original, and is it easy to fit?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theres about 3 places within 5 miles that make the up custom exhausts, same price as the milltek, but I think I'll get the milltek anyway, just after the valance now thats all

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just out of interest what model mk4 you putting this exhaust onto?

If its a N/A golf then you won't see any power gains and the only reason to get it would be for looks. So the discreet back box would be pointless.

Anyway you should decide whether your are buying it for looks or power increase as ?40 for the rear valance isn't alot extra to spend if you really want to see the exhaust

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Just out of interest what model mk4 you putting this exhaust onto?

If its a N/A golf then you won't see any power gains and the only reason to get it would be for looks. So the discreet back box would be pointless.

Anyway you should decide whether your are buying it for looks or power increase as ?40 for the rear valance isn't alot extra to spend if you really want to see the exhaust
You'd certainly hear it though, and I like the idea of that, stealth in looks but nice sound when you rev it [:)] There is also the benefit of corrosion resistance. Even if there was absolutely no power gain (Milltek did quote me some approximate figures even though I told them I have a 1.6 NA) I'd personally still go with hidden tips.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If its a N/A golf then you won't see any power gains and the only reason to get it would be for looks.
Thats also the case for the 1.8T, if you want a performance increase then its a larger downpipe and free flowing cat / decat.

Catback won't give you anything but looks as the stock backbox is fine.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a bit of both really, bit of noise and a bit of power of possible. mk41.8T 180bhp.

I read that you still have to modify the valance. but I'd prefer the discreet zorst if its the same power as the twin pipe model. Looking to remap in the future, but wanted to keep the car as normal looking as possible. was going to go for the stage 2, so might aswell get the other stuff sorted first.

The cat/downpipe would effect the insurance more probably, as its obvious looking, I'm already paying ?1100, only an extra ?12 for the backbox change!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Revo stage 2 requires high flow cat or decat and large downpipe,
catback system is neither here nor there - no extra power - zero -
zilch!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok m8 I get the hint now, got to get the decat and large downpipe, so I get no extra power at all then [:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts