Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Fitting 5/120 Wheels

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Milkfloat 
#1 ·
Just sorted a set of wheels [:D] Won't say what they are but they're German and dished!

Due to them being 5/120 ET40 I'll need adapters. How much am I looking at for a set? Pref 20mm's on the fronts and 25 or 30mm on the backs?

#5 ·
hi mark.

try that place i once sent you the link to.(performance alloys)i think they were called in ierland.

mine are 38et and i'm running 15mm front and 20mm rear.front could do 5-10mm more at a push and rears could do upto 20mm more at a push if you want it to sit realy wide.

only problem would be if i went too wide then too low the arches might rub.mine are 8" wide by the way.

#9 ·
just worked it out

mine inc spacers.front et23

rear et 18

yours inc addapters.front et21(with 20mm addapters)

rear et11(with 30mm addapters)

so you would be fine mark
Cheers for that Jase [Y] I might just got with 25's on the rear then, just to be on the safe side.

The orginal wheels I was going to get, BBS RS 301's, were around the same offset - around ET25 on the front (8J), and ET20 on the rear (9.5J), but being 5/100 meant they didn't need adapters. There are a few cars in the US running them and they seem fine.

#12 ·
Don't worry Jamesey, they're OEM, German made and have a racing bred herritage. Can't say anymore than that [:D]
Damnit man, pictures already ! [:)]
All in good time, I need to get the centres painted.

I may post some teaser pics though [:p]

#18 ·
Just an update.

Had a price for adapters - ?240 from Perofrmance Alloys. Thats for four adapters (4 x 20mm or 2 x 20mm and 2 x 25mm) with studs.

Wheels have just arrived. I'm gonna start another thread detailing the build up, as theres quite a bit to do [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.