Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve jusy bought a Xtrons TD 714 which only comes with brackets, It is not removable, so how to I fix it in, I don`t want to Hack my dash, how easy is it to remove the radio surround.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
You'd be better off buying a universal double DIN cage if they don't make one for it,the bolt in fittings are normally only found on Jap cars.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
how easy is it to remove the radio surround.
A hell of a lot more difficult than it is buy a DN cage for it.Also pointless because it doesn't have the fixings that Jap cars have to let you bolt it in.

Another reason for the cage is they won't makle such a mess if they steal it when it's easy to get out.If it's bolted in they'll still try anyway but will wreck half of the dshboard trying to lever it out.#

Chris.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i just fitted the same sort of double din i got a

http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/volkwagen-double-din-facia-panel-and-cage-kit/autoleads-fp-17-00-volkswagen-golf-mk4-lupo-double-din-facia-panel-adaptor-2095417-330149-.php

but dvd did not fit so i had to grind the inner lip on the plastic cage

and two small grooves at the top to take the clips that attach the surrond to dvd

and just to make it sit a little further back there are 6 small spines of plastic to stand the adaptor out about 5mm not much but with these off went back and looked better

but to get all the rca's in and get it back i could not be assed to take all the bits out to get the inner cage out so i took a saw to the part that holds the cd and cassett apart at sides and bottom

pushed it all in and tis was awesome

also pushed out light in glove box and routed the ipod cable through worked well

hope this random ramble made sense to u

billy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can you post pics of your radio?

As said above, normally ddin radios dont have non removable mountings on them so not normally a problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts