Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fitted a set of .216 injectors today supplied by thewez(thanks mate) wow what a difference!!! i have no idea of what the actual bhp increase is but the car feels awesome... does anyone know what the new actual bhp would be now!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear that your a happy customer..... When I had them fitted I got the car rolling roaded at TSR and it gave 110bhp at the wheels before all the power dropped of due to dead maf. But after talking to a few people I came to 140-150. Goes well hay!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi all...the injectors were fairly straight forward to fit just a case of having the right tools for the job. personally i would advise you to get them fitted by a mechanic and recommend that the seals are replaced at the same time. i have done no adjustments via vag com and the car seems to run great. my car was from factory a gt tdi 110 no idea what it is now, but to be honest i would estimate about 150 now as it feels as fast as my old mk3 16v! think i may need a brake and clutch upgrade though soon[}:)]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Sounds tempting but I don't think my cluth/gearbox could take it as i'm already Revo'd!

Would definately need to do the brakes though....and we all know it's not that straight forward on the 110.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"its all about the dosh! How much dude...I'm on a tight budget this year!"

aint we all mate... aint we all!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the whole job from start to finish should take about 30-45 mins... the only thing i forgot to mention before was that when you replace the injectors you will need to replace the small fuel hoses also[:D]

one other thing... if you can before you attempt the job, see if you can get new allen key style bolts for the injector brackets/clamps as its pretty tricky to get the original ones back on!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm, sounds interesting.

Fancy doing another injector upgrade? [:D]

deffo mate! why not...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are these the T5 transported injectors from the continental 5-cylinder engine?

not sure where they are from mate, but i do have the original packaging at work and i will write the original part no's for you. by the way this injector upgrade is only possible on non pd engines!

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds very interesting!! if anyone has part numbers for these .216 injectors i would be very grateful to know!!

Or, how much would you charge Amar, to do the complete job on my 110 gttdi!?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yeah, need part numbers so I can get some on order!

Then I'll pop down for an upgrade and a social, get cage, faizaans and pj along [:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, need part numbers so I can get some on order!

Then I'll pop down for an upgrade and a social, get cage, faizaans and pj along [:D]

most welcome matey...

anyways here are the part no's for new bosch injectors (.216's) as fitted to my car. there are three normal injectors and one with a wire fitted to it. you will need 3x 0 986 430 408... and 1x 0 986 430 556... as i mentioned before you will need a length of the diesel return pipe which you can cut to size and also 4x new injector sealing washers...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.