Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my Bora Vents (that may have been sitting around since november [:I]) today along with some xenon bulbs. Met up with Lee (wallacel) and Paul (HuDSoN).. took us most of the afternoon.. and it was flamin' cold too [xx(]! Eventually got the vents fitted after a bit of fiddling and removing of (possibly) too many trim panels [;)][:I] !

Used Lee's ingenius (sp?) coat hanger wire pully thro dash thing to feed the loom along to the drivers side. Worked quite well ! Only thing we ran out of time with was wiring the whole loom into the power. Gotta get someone to help me with that at the upcoming london meet ! Hint hint, guys [;)][:)][;)][:)]

Took off the bumper to take the headlights out (still burns my bum that to easily change the bulbs you have to take the bumper off! [:(!]) and changed for some nice bley white xenin look bulbs. Looks great now.. looks real blue when you fire 'em up [:D] car lokks so strange with the bumper off.. like it's lost it's mouth !

Paul had to drive home with bits of his car on the back seat I think.. ran out of daylight to get it all fitted back together, I think

Just to say a BIG, BIG thank you to Lee for giving up his whole sunday afternoon to help out paul and myself in the freezing cold.. was real cool of ya mate ! [8D] oh and to his missus for supplyin' us with cups 'o char [:)]

Looks real smart and such an improvement over the old vents [:)]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cold....Cold is for panseys...lol....Daniel how could you have something since NOVEMBER and only just fitted it??????

Bet you've had you coilovers since october.[:D][:D]

Did you make you're own loom or was it one from the gb??

·
Registered
639 Posts
Bloody hell dan, you dont waste any time posting 11 past 2 in the morning!

Just to say thanks to lee and the missus for making us feel very welcome in there very nice home. the cups of tea were just what were need in that cold. squky i know cold is for panseys but it was that cold. i just feel a bit sorry for lee who did not have as much to do so he must have felt it more. pulling off every panel off the dash warmed me up a bit [:p]

Lee, it was fantastic of you to give up all of your Sunday afternoon, much appreciated.

dan i cant believe how big the rad was with your bumper off.

lee, you know you said my car looked like a stripped out rally car, well on the way home it sounded a bit like one too. i was wondering if dan had milteked me or something. it sounded ace and looks ok too but i think the trim has to go back on hehe.

thanks for taking me to and waiting (that pump was so slow) at the gas station. was not really looking where i was going on the way back and was going to follow lee right at that roundabout because i thought dan was going left as another jazz blue (i think) got in front of you, and i thought you thought it was me lol.

i cant even get any of the panels back on as GF wants to have eve together (praying she dont see car lol).

anyway if anyone is thinking of getting the vents, do it, they look the dogs and are worth the work, plus you learn a lot about the car, never thought i would strip it that much.

squky the loom was from the GB

·
Registered
296 Posts
pics please [8)][8)][8)]

"Only thing we ran out of time with was wiring the whole loom into the power" - isnt it just plug and play? I guess this is your own loom then Tylerama, im thinking of rally_chris's one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
king it is chris's loom and its remove power wire plugin loom wires plug n play removed removed wires. very simple its just we didnt do it as was getting too dark to see and we need to get the cars driveable.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by kingkoop on 14/02/2005 09:48:53

pics please [8)][8)][8)]

"Only thing we ran out of time with was wiring the whole loom into the power" - isnt it just plug and play? I guess this is your own loom then Tylerama, im thinking of rally_chris's one.

Yeah as paul says above ! It was gettin too dark to distinguish colours [:I][:)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by squky clean on 14/02/2005 07:44:48

Cold....Cold is for panseys...lol....Daniel how could you have something since NOVEMBER and only just fitted it??????

Bet you've had you coilovers since october.[:D][:D]

Did you make you're own loom or was it one from the gb??

Shut it Best ! [:p][;)]

I just didn't quite get round to fitting it.... [:I] done now though ! Not even paid for me coilovers yet mate, so not get em yet.... It was rally chris's loom.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 14/02/2005 09:45:30

I did mine a few weeks ago, I'll help you at the London Meet if you haven't done it by then.

Would ya CJ ? That'd be reet cool if ya could [!]

Not sure about Pauls, but mine just needs the power bit plugging in. all the rest is plugged in, just needs to be wired into the power supply.. so a coupla minutes work I guess ? [:D]

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's pretty easy to do the connections - you'll probably only need to lever off the end panel of the dash (the one around the fusebox cover) to gain access. The best tool for releasing the wires from the dimmer plug is a small precision (jewellery) screwdriver so make sure you've got a set of these before you start.

Chris

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by Rally_Chris on 14/02/2005 10:46:50

It's pretty easy to do the connections - you'll probably only need to lever off the end panel of the dash (the one around the fusebox cover) to gain access. The best tool for releasing the wires from the dimmer plug is a small precision (jewellery) screwdriver so make sure you've got a set of these before you start.

Chris

Ah ha.. he comes to the rescue [!] [:D] I had that off yesterday, so that'll be easy enough to do again. It's just knowing which wires to take out and where to put the others etc.. suffice to say i'll neve make a sparky ! [:I]

For now though, i've just tucked the loose wire inside, behind the drivers side vent.

Loom is good chris.. simple once you see it laid out in the car ! Have tucked the W8 light bit into the A pillar and the headlining for now, until I do the W8 light.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by HuDSoN on 14/02/2005 11:18:02

haha the W8 is 100% on the cards now then is it?

Well, even though I resisted for ages.. if it's an easy mod and now that it's just plug n play and the wires already up in the headlining.. then I might as well I guess ! [:)]

I must stop this.... spendin' too much on the car ! [:)]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by HuDSoN on 14/02/2005 09:47:37

hi CJ, how did you do yours? loom?

Yeah I used Loom, But to get the small connectors out/in I used two paper clips, was dead easy (when you have light![;)])

Just waiting for my w8 lights now!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 14/02/2005 11:50:20

Yeah I used Loom, But to get the small connectors out/in I used two paper clips, was dead easy (when you have light![;)])

I'll grab a handful 'o paper clips then CJ and bring 'em with me [:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 14/02/2005 10:14:06

Quote: posted by Deadlock on 14/02/2005 09:45:30

I did mine a few weeks ago, I'll help you at the London Meet if you haven't done it by then.

Would ya CJ ? That'd be reet cool if ya could [!]

Not sure about Pauls, but mine just needs the power bit plugging in. all the rest is plugged in, just needs to be wired into the power supply.. so a coupla minutes work I guess ? [:D]

No probs![^]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 14/02/2005 11:58:11

Quote: posted by Deadlock on 14/02/2005 11:50:20

I'll grab a handful 'o paper clips then CJ and bring 'em with me [:D]

Tools of the trade lol..[:D]

If I can find/ buy one of them small head screwdrivers, then I'll bring that!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by HuDSoN on 14/02/2005 09:45:03

Bloody hell dan, you dont waste any time posting 11 past 2 in the morning! - Well, ya know ! [;)][:p]

Just to say thanks to lee and the missus for making us feel very welcome in there very nice home. Pulling off every panel off the dash warmed me up a bit [:p] - At one point it looked like Paul had his entire front interior on the back seat ! Good luck with screwin' it all back together again dude ! [:D]

Dan i cant believe how big the rad was with your bumper off. - Looked huge didn't it !

because i thought dan was going left as another jazz blue (i think) got in front of you, and i thought you thought it was me lol. - That was well confusing.. wasn't sure if it was you in front or behind !

Anyway if anyone is thinking of getting the vents, do it, they look the dogs and are worth the work, plus you learn a lot about the car, never thought i would strip it that much. - Agreed.. it looks the dogs wobblies.. even though mine is creaking quite a bit at the moment. Hoping that will calm down once it's settled in a bit and had a bit of wear and tear.

·
Registered
639 Posts
lol i still have most of it in the boot and the old vents are in the back [:p]

lol just thought they was 4 golfs and no other cars sitting at them lights. mini meet.

oh about the creaking, the 2/3 of mine install was ok no odd noises on the way home. a bit worried about it when it all goes together as got 1 screw and 1 nut plate (so far) left over ops! hope it sorts its self out when it wares in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts