Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a Passat rear badge to my golf today, well happy with the results,its smaller than the standard golf vw badge but fits perfect into the cut out that the origanal badge went over.A definate worthwhile mod for ?12.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[:D]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is mate, want to colour code it myself, but just wanted to get it on tonight. When sticking the badge on just ad some extra double sided sticky tape in the middle of the badge as it curves a bit so you need the middle bit to stick to the car, you will see what i mean when you get the badge.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 22/09/2004 09:32:10

P/N of the above badge is 3B5 853 630 FDY and costs ?10.00+VAT from your friendly stealer.

Great thanks for that GaryM, will call into stealers on way home

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok i've got the badge; now what's the safest way to get the old one off? I'm a bit nervous about damaging the paintwork, also did you put any extra adhesive on, if so what? Questions, questions [;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I used a bit of dental floss and eased it away enough to get my fingers behind.

Im pretty sure Joe used a little extra sticky on the back of his, I assume he used double sided tape available from any car accessory shop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks great! ill get one! my car is silver as well so i have a good idea what it will look like...

Gary, did you colour code the rear of the badge or just stick the top chrome bit on without the back. it looks really good!

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Questions:

Do you get some double sided sticky stuff with the new badge?

When you buy the badge do you get the black backing plate too?

...and does that fill the recess, or do you have to be careful with positioning it in the middle?

Ta!

R

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
For those thinking of doing this passat rear badge mod, it looks the business once on in my opinion. It might be worth getting some separate sticky strips to "fill out" the centre on the back so it sits flush on the rear hatch. It is kind of concave. I found this when i did mine and wasnt happy till I filled out the rear with extra sticky strips.

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40485

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.