Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Been on this forum for 2 years and finally got to post some pics thanx to my wife!!!!Great website by the way!!!

Had the car from brand new!only 2 years old and this is her......2003 Mk4 Golf 1.6 16v.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mods :

• Phillips Blue Vision upgrade with white LED sidelights and silver indicators
  • Hella front fogs with phillip blue visions
  • V6 front valence
  • Hella MK5 rear lights in black
  • 18inch Axis Supermish wheels with 225/40/18
  • lowered 50mm on Boge springs
  • 35% tints all round by ICS
  • Red calipers
  • Alpine unit runing infinity 6x9 and sub
  • W8 interior light
  • Toureg torch
  • Rear Skoda wiper
  • Stubby Aeriel
  • Clifford G4 alarm with intellistart

Future:

• V6 rear valence and some sort of quiet exhaust if i ever find one
  • TV and sat nav upgrade with ipod nano
  • Arm rest
  • Blue door leds
  • rear hatch blend
  • Maybe Hella angels

ALL depending on funds as i am a student

Any comments would be great

Thanx

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Wow, excllent work! [Y] Looks like you did a good job of painting the calipers, did you take them off and spray them? The Hella rear lights really suit it. How about smoked side repeaters and Anni headlights to enhance the black theme?

I think the number plate looks a little cramped, though, due to the close crop. I know the registration wouldn't fill a full plate but I reckon it needs a little more space either side to "breathe"?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I really like that! Great choice of rims by the way!

My only suggestion would be buying the GTI/smooth rub strips and having them colour coded aswell as the doors...best mod I ever did to my 1.6 and not only enhances the look, but makes it look cleaner. Dont colour code the standard rubstrips...you'll end up with a shiny mottled finish that will look poorer than the smooth ones and will chip easily.

Nice though. Foglights look cool.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Looks like a nice stealth motor mate, love the rims, have you thought
about colour coding as drysdale said, also what about black badges
front and back adding to that stealthy look.

Sat [y]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Been dieing to see those rear lights on a dark markiv for ages. Look really good on ures and the rest looks mint too! Keep up the good work m8 n1

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the great comments!took those pics 3 months ago!since then added some uk-mkivs.net stickers!and quick clayed it the other day!

i was thinking of colour coding but i kinda like the textured theme!and funds are a bit low at the moment!

the rear lights are for sale in classifieds if the right offers come up!

i left the calipers on and painted them with red hammerite!!!!

my mate works in euro car parts so seeing if i can get the hella angel eyes for a cheap price!

any ideas on a back box to fit a v6 rear valence???

any more comments and ideas are welcome!

thank you!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Milltek make a Twin 'Jet' cat-back system (you cant buy the backbox separately unforunately) for the 1.6. Looks and sounds great. Bit expensive though...around ?340 inc. vat iirc. Why not do something different like a Cupra R style oval backbox? Should fit the cutout.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Milltek make a Twin 'Jet' cat-back system (you cant buy the backbox separately unforunately) for the 1.6. Looks and sounds great
Is that what you have? Milltek's on my list, but I'm going for hidden tips.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about an oval tip but cant find a company that does one!sebring have got aa a universal back box witha really nice oval tip but dont know if it will fit!

Im also thinking of the vw racing exhaust but cant find a source!

more comments welcome

·
Registered
813 Posts
Very Nice mate. Your rear lights are not my favourite but still looks good on a black MK4.

Where did you get your hella front fogs from?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Very Nice mate. Your rear lights are not my favourite but still looks good on a black MK4.

Where did you get your hella front fogs from?
Not too sure whether he got them off me but I can source any Hella product, brand new, PM me or email me for details.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Milltek make a Twin 'Jet' cat-back system (you cant buy the backbox separately unforunately) for the 1.6. Looks and sounds great
Is that what you have? Milltek's on my list, but I'm going for hidden tips.
Nope, I looked into it a little while ago. Its the same as the one they make for the 1.8T with 4motion valance. Hidden tips would be a nice 'addition'..but surely would cost a bomb to have made up?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
No, guy from Milltek told me they make back boxes with hidden tips alongside the 4Mo "Jet" style. It's basically the same box with different pipes welded on the end.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
No, guy from Milltek told me they make back boxes with hidden tips alongside the 4Mo "Jet" style. It's basically the same box with different pipes welded on the end.
also known as "discreet" style............

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.