Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a very successful day was had today, despite getting up at 8ish after only 3 hours sleep. Went and met a couple of forum compatriots at about 10am this morning (only 1/2 a hour late [:$]) to finally swap front ends of my Golf and Andy Big A's Bora after discussing it since about September!

Didn't take a camera at all so don't have any work in progress shots but it went pretty smoothly for the most part, taking around 7 hours in total. Biggest massive thanks to superstar Gerry who orchestrated it all - what a guy!! [:D] Also thanks to Colin who popped along to batter some body parts into place [;)] and Chris for supervising! [:p]

Then nipped along to the tail end of the Scottish VAG Glasgow meet, first event ever for the twins! Lol even though they were filthy, lots of good comments were heard which was great after the effort that's gone in so far.

After that I managed to head home & give the car a quick wash and steal a couple of pictures before the rain set in for good! Click the photos to see bigger versions.

Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
There's a certain edge to that that looks awesome [:D] Nice one Cat, sounds like it's what you've wanted for an age [:)]

Where's John W - that'll make him jealous [;)]

Also, thank god for that Cat - you've finally got a proper signature - no more watching that space for hours on end, or continually having to yawn [:p] Is this what we were waiting for? [:D]

C

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Your Bolf looks great in your colour, as most bolf's you see are normally black but this really stands out in the green. [y]

Sat

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments so far [:D]

I hope to get it cleaned up soon and take some nice photographs, but I am indeed absolutely delighted with it! I have only seen one 'Jolf' as they like to call them, in this color - from the USA on VW Vortex. None this side of the pond as far as I know!

CkB yes this would be what I've been waiting for! It was intended to happen well before now but just kept getting put back for one reason or another. But it's done now and I love it [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
766 Posts
good to see it all done , and glad to be a part of the making of project bolf/gora [H]

look forwad to seeing some pic of the 2 cars together

how many bolf/gora's are there over here? we were talking to day and think cat and andy counted 4 all in..

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks great Cat, you must be pleased with it and I like the Oettinger Lip on the front, just something that little extra makes it stand out.

You informed your insurance company?

What does Big A's motor look like? IMO you got the better deal out of the swap!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
In my experience of explaining modifications to Insurers, I have often found even describing the make and model of an alarm to be difficult.

How on earth do you explain you have a Bora front end on a Golf?!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quality! First time id seen a Bolf/Jolf/Gora! I always liked the front end on Boras, but was never keen on the rear, just matches the best of both! Love it! Hope to see it around somewhere!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts