Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then chaps,as it says above....any idea's for our first meet of 2006? Ive always enjoyed our visits to the Romper,as has everyone else,however,it seems to have become a victim of its own success,with somewhat lengthy waiting times for food,as some of you found out last time! So,the question is...do we stick with the Romper,and hope its not quite as busy next time,or does anyone have any suggestions for a new venue? Obvoiusly,a new venue should ideally be fairly easy for everyone to get to,and have plenty of parking,as the last thing we want is for members to have to park halfway down the street. Oh,and good food would be nice too! lol's. So what do we reckon then,anyone fancy a meet during january,to blow those winter cobwebs away? Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I agree, wasn't as impressed with the Romper as I have been in the past.

Staff are just plain shocking!!

Any idea's?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I think the first big meet will be at Awesome for the RR day in mid Jan! I'm always up for a separate NW meet anytime though!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What about the Plough and Flail? I always liked it there!
Expensive food and staff snobbery to car forum meets is why we changed!!
Oh right fair enough... What about Damian with the sand? That nothing to do with it? hehe

There are lots of good pubs in Cheshire... anyone else got ideas?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
We always seem to settle on the south-side of Manchester, probably from the old Cheshire-VAg days.

Now as we are meeting as a forum group what about something north, even up towards Blackburn or Burnley? Up Pat and Ryans neck of the woods-they may know somewhere?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Now as we are meeting as a forum group what about something north, even up towards Blackburn or Burnley? Up Pat and Ryans neck of the woods-they may know somewhere?
Eh up!, i've not had my passport stamped for 'oop north'! lol.... [;)][:p]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the consideration chaps, that's a kind gesture! [Y]

And as a matter of fact, there's a good ol' rustic style pub across the road from me, the Ram Inn..

..Very Romperesque.

Posted Image

But i should mention that although the car park is of a decent size, if we all want to park together then we would need to get there early as it gets extremely busy on Sundays.

Directions can be found here.. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=BB104SU&hl=en ..Zoom out if you need to for a better idea!

Or for those of you with SatNav, the address is:

399 Burnley Road, Cliviger, Burnley, BB10 4SU..

Of course this is purely my suggestion, if anyone else wants to recommend somewhere feel free! [;)]

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah further north sounds ok to me as well,dont really mind as long as everybody else is ok with it. Any other suggestions would be good,as the more options we get,the bettr chance we have of finding a spot on venue.....but food MUST be good! Lol's. Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Mind you we need to take into account that if you look at the pub sign the sheep as grinning...

...will we get out alive?
Hmmm, he'll have us just where he's always wanted [^o)]

I'll have a table by the wall [:D]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
sounds alright to me... Let's do this soon! I'll make sure I can definitely come, wax my car, be on time etc!!! [Y][Y][Y]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
PMSL @ the Gary's :eek:P

I'm in - it'd be rude not to as it's only a mile away and the grub's usually very good!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts