Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been having a clear up in the loft, and came across 3 of my first mobile phone from back in the mid 90's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh how things have changed over the years.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Call those old mobile phones [:O] I can remember the first mobile phone I ever used was the size (and weight) of two household bricks and you carried it with a sholder strap.

I can also remember a client of ours that had a 635CSi when they first came out with a GPO Car Telephone installed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just been having a clear up in the loft, and came across 3 of my first mobile phone from back in the mid 90's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh how things have changed over the years.
Can't believe you have my first phone! The Ericsson 337! I had that with the one2one's Bronze tariff (?17.99 per month with local call free) of 1996!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I still have my first no pics though

Posted Image
Nokia 101 i think that was.

Orange have a deal on at the mo. You can get ?100 back on any phone. I got the GF a new phone and took the old banana phone in. I think it was the nokia 502.

Got ?100 hahahahaha

I still have my old NEC P3 which was 1988 when I brought it.

First kid on the street with a mobile. Per minute billing and about 2 hour battery life

great

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I found my Dads old Motorola 8500 the other day... looked like this but with a big a$$ aerial on the top:

Posted Image

My first was a Nokia 3210; I remember marvelling at how tiny it was an the amazingess of 'The Text Message'.

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
My first was a Nokia 3210; I remember marvelling at how tiny it was an the amazingess of 'The Text Message'.

Posted Image
My first was a Mitsubishi mt401.. thought it was cool at the time !

Posted Image

Then I had a 3210.. found it at home the other day.. still think it's
quite a good looking phone though it is rather big now ! Remember
thinking how small it was at the time !

Then I got a samsung T100, then an LG 33 something, then a nokia 6610, now on a K750i [:D]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Call those old mobile phones [:O] I can remember the first mobile phone I ever used was the size (and weight) of two household bricks and you carried it with a sholder strap.
Yeah my dad has still got one of those knocking around somewhere, if you dropped it on your foot you would need a trip to the hospital....if i can find it i will stick some pics up<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine was an NK402 [:D]

Posted Image
So was mine :) Actually a rebadged 5110. Man that phone was solid, the amount of abuse it took and it still worked perfectly. Now I'm lucky if I can get a phone to see me through a 12 month contract. I used to throw that thing off walls just to try and make it stop working and it never did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts