Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

My Dad's new motor, M3 Cab in bling bling gold! [8D]

Had a good blast into London 2nite. The sound is great changing down and up, the blip from the engine - lovely.

Nice ICE too, Full Europe Sat-NAV, TV, CD, DVD player all in one.

Das ist gut! [:D] Hallo N?rburgring!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Check the warranty - word was on the BMW forums over-use (more than 5/10 times?) of the launch invalidated certain items - clutch for example! (every time you use it it's recorded in the Gearbox ECU)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the warranty - word was on the BMW forums over-use (more than 5/10 times?) of the launch invalidated certain items - clutch for example! (every time you use it it's recorded in the Gearbox ECU)

Interesting, didn't know this cheers, i'll pass that on.

It's had a new engine dropped in anyway 12k ago because the bottom end went on the previous one, apperently it was a common fault and loads of m3's had to be re-called.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I had heard there were a few probs..... still, when it's as good as it is......!!!!

I didn't want a BMW 'cos of the image they have, now I've got one there'll always be (at least!) one in the drive!!!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yup...there was a common fault and BMW have sorted most of them under warranty. So no worries there.

The previous generation E36 M3 EVO's suffered from VANOS problems.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, trust m8 it's a Cab, just got the hard roof on [;)]. Bloody expensive those things, ?1800 just for the hard-roof.

What is it about the soft-tops you h8 Rams?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not so long ago i had a client who had the conv with hard top...Anyway he left his car outside g/friends house,only to find the roof had been knicked when he came out the following morning.Car was a total mess, leather ripped windows gone...Be careful....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard W on 12/11/2004 10:40:14

Not entirely correct but the SMG box and ECU will only allow you to perform so many launches (using launch control) within any given period. The car electronics will limit the time between which you could perform a second for example....i.e. to cool the clutch and protect the various components

Similarly, BMW have given little confirmation or guidance on the warranty vs launch control matter. www.bm3w.co.uk is the place to go for a knowledgeable enthusiasts forum.

Enjoy the car, it is peerless in its class[;)]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.