Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to book car into get handbrake switch replaced as VW assistance only temporaily fixed the problem. Service manager was dour faced to say the least when i dropped it off.

Did i get a call to say it was ready.....nope....had to do that myself and they could not locate my car!!!! 10 mins later oh yes its ready come and collect it and we close in 15 mins.

I'm 10 mins away and no one can take me. My own boss gives me a run thankfully.

Well long story short, to fix the swich god only knows what they did as both doors now rattle badly and the top of the dash is one step away from getting a hammer through it with the new rattle its got.

Not only that there is hesitation now and at idle if you rev it, it dips then goes. bloody great.

and the performance has defo dropped. almost as if its pre remapp!!!!!!

Oh, and of course the obligatory scratch on the perfect paintwork.

Anyone know a good dealer in edinburgh? I just dont have the time or patience to go back as i would no doubt thump somebody.

i thought you were all kidding about problems with the dealers, its pathetic

oh, rant over lol

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Which dealer did you use please?

Seems VERY strange that your car came back with all these differences when you only asked them to replace the handbrake switch [:mad:]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
technically there were 3 items to look at, whistling noise from passengers side ( forgot to look ), handbrake switch and door seal. fixed door seal for me also, u can guess the outcome there. now from excessive wind noise at 60ish, try 40-50ish.

ah, the joys of german. tell you one thing, the service i got from Ford with my mondy before this was excellent. guy even scratched it moving it in and they called me up to apolgise, offered to repair the whole bumper ( which was already scratched to bits ) and give me a courtesy car while it was being done. Great service. told them it was no worries though so they discounted the service instead heavily.

ce la vie

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
WHICH DEALER?

You are obviously not happy[:(] Suggest you write a letter to the dealer principal copied to VW customer services. Explain to them what you expect from them to put things right and restore your faith in the product.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ce la vie
Wrong!!!

You HAVE to complain - why let them get away with this kind of service on your pride and joy?

......and how many more people will suffer in the future at their incompetence?

Take it back to the same dealer and get them to sort it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been here before and the only way to get these issues sorted long term is name and shame the dealer.

A certain Edinburgh based BMW dealership were getting a terrible reputation in another forum and the message seemed to get through to management as they soon ditched the dead wood and bucked up their act.

It would be nice to know as I'm getting my car from down south but will need a local dealership for aftercare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
place called inch's, going to edinburgh now to get it resolved as wont trust them near it again. defo not right, just wont pull anymore

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try Witherspoons Bankhead Industrial Site (see previous posts on Service costs) They a Independeant VW Service Agent, with the full backing of VW UK. and authorised to carry out warranty work.

Tel No 0131 458 5444 Speak to Kevin Witherspoon and Quote UKMk5's and you will get a 10% discount on the total bill

·
Registered
139 Posts
sad to hear of your experience as I just bought a brand new car from them

I can't fault the sales side as it went very well, hoping the service side will be as good.

couple of questions tho

1] did you buy car from them ? [I know it shouldn't make any difference but just curious]

2] have you given them the opportunity to rectify it all ?, I assume you noticed the scratch before you left premises, and should have refused to leave till they admitted liability

3] did you lose the heid with them on premises ?, easy to do but never really gets you the end results in long run

Personally I think all dealers have there good days and bad ones, one thing I have learnt in over 20 years of car ownership is to keep calm at all times and stick to specifics, document everything and if necessary have all discussions in their waiting area where future potential customers tend to gather.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
olla

nope got the car down south as was quickest method for me even though was factory order, 2 weeks quicker and better price than up here, weird but true and they even delivered!!!

No, but dont even want to as yes i was a bit mouthy as was my baby if you like they damaged ( as a father this is baby no.2 lol ) and both get the same response.

But all sorted now, booked in monday and getting all sorted including silly wee things i never bothered with before but the chap said he may as well sort it all and would be happy to help.

Now thats service!! So thanks RED GTI200 for the tip and place.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Try Witherspoons Bankhead Industrial Site (see previous posts on Service costs) They a Independeant VW Service Agent, with the full backing of VW UK. and authorised to carry out warranty work.

Tel No 0131 458 5444 Speak to Kevin Witherspoon and Quote UKMk5's and you will get a 10% discount on the total bill
Would not recommend Witherspoon. Bad attitude and poor customer service. Fitted budget brand tyres to my car when I asked for Dunlop.

·
Registered
158 Posts
inch have always been very good when i have went to them, only used them a few times but 100% better than my local dealer Verve. The parts men Know what they are doing to say the least. i bought an old mk2 of them a few years ago and i was treated just like i had bought a 25k r32.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts