Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

Plans are to fit replacement engine and six speed box, add all the little extra's one of which is above others are Forge TIP, ko3s turbo, larger injectors and then get it custom mapped before saving up again for a full respray and fitting of my badgeess grill and bonnet, smoothed bumpers and bootlid.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the one I bought to replace my Bora, spent a fair few pennies modifying it only for the bottom end to expire due to a previous owner cracking the sump in an off road excursion before i bought it.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the aim, albeit this is a 1.8t swap into a 1.8t ! the only difficult part is the six speed conversion. I haven't done much as yet just preparing, as I don't have a garage big enought to work on the car so I roll the front in and out as I do bits.

So far all i've done is fit the fmic, will get better and more pics as I crack on in anger (its been too cold and wet the last couple of days)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Good luck mate - shame it won't be ready in time for Manc!

The photo-album idea is brilliant too... Gonna be ace when you've got it all bcak together [y]

C

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm doing the swapping [:O] and still undecided on the map, it'll be custom code, MRC or Jabba. I know Jabba have done a few AGU's with sports but then the other two are highly regarded as very good mappers. Hopefully I should have all the bits to get the most out of it, the last performance bit is a Evo heatshield gasket which insulates the inlet manifold from the cylinder head.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's looking good dude!!! [Y]

Good to speak to you today mate.

If you need any help with it, give us a buzz.

Speak to you soon

Dan

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Tom

What FMIC are you running (FORGE) or is it a custom fit? If custom fit what are dimension of your intercooler as I am planning to build my own.

Regards

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's the standard Forge one for a 1.8t I bought it off good old ebay brand new for ?600 I did fancy the one JBS sell as its thicker but couldn't justify the ?750 + vat price. This and other goodies like the Forge TIP and deciding to go six speed is why I'm installing myself as I couldn't afford both, at least i know how it goes together for later when I need to install more bits like an LSD etc.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Tom

What FMIC are you running (FORGE) or is it a custom fit? If custom fit what are dimension of your intercooler as I am planning to build my own.

Regards
Kinetic core is a good fit behind the R32 bumper [:p] Mine did have a bit of modding though to make it a perfect fit.

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Tom glad to hear it will be back on the road again soon .............[:D]

and if ya want any help with it ....just give me a shout .....many hands make light work ........[:D]

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep I'll have loads of bits for sale if someone wants them ! The engine is coming out as it has worn big ends and excess end float (how bad I don't know It certainly didn't knock or anything but VW said it needed replacing). I will also have a complete engine and loom for sale if someone wants to convert there mk2 or similar as I bought two by accident [:$] well kind of [:D].

Any money I raise is going straight back into it either bodywork or more performance [6]

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers mate,

Would love to but can't get the 4 odd grand needed for parts yet, I do intend on going IHI in a couple of years. bsically going to the engine sorted, the bodywork and interior live with it circa 230 bhp for a couple of years the stick in a peloquin diff and go IHI for 300 to start off with.

I've got all the parts together now so will be starting in earnest tomorrow, so more pics coming soon

Cheers for all the support folks it helps when its so cold outside

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well finally got round to starting this weekend ! Had to get married and stuff beforehand

First off a BIG thanks to Dan (Vipersych) for all his help[:D][H]

Here's Dan disconnecting the loom and rad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the engine that's going in, it's a 30k mile AUQ but with my AGU head on it so as to remain non dbw

Posted Image

Here's a few more pics as we progressed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dan smiling for the camera [:D]

Posted Image

Next weekend will be removal of engine (had lost my spline tools to undo driveshafts, d'oh) and strip down plus a bit of re-assembly.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts