Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got both smooth bumpers on at the same time,

after nearly 9 months of problems and being messed about by a bodyshop.gave them to a place at the begining of last winter and after far too many excusess he promised to have them back at the end of last week...i found out last weekend he had gone on holiday for 2 week.i decided enough was enough and got them back off them and took them to the place i was going to take them in the first place.

i took them in on monday and told him how desperate i was to get them for this weekend,he said he would get them back end of the week but would do them half price as he would only have time to get them something like,and we agreed i would get them done 100% after the summer...

they are not brilliant by a long shot,but for what i payed i'm happy...anyway here goes !!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

tucked up in bed ready for tomorow.

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
looking STUNNING jase!! WoW! smooth look is the way forward. We will have to get them together on the display plot tmrw, 2 smooth bitches together. How the hell did you get out of your car after parking it in garage?!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers gary.but the number kind of has to be there to had bad spot and it also makes a point of the smooth front bumper i think ???

thanks mike.it is very tight i only use it every now and then.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Would it be legal to airbrush/stencil the registration onto the bumper? Then you can have it central and smooth [Y] and I bet not many people have that.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Is it me or do they look a bit rough around the area where the bump strips were, maybe just the pics?

Looks good anyhow [Y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Is it me or do they look a bit rough around the area where the bump strips were, maybe just the pics?
He agreed to only have them done something like until they get chance to have another go with a little more time which is why he only only paid half price.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would love to mate but far to expesive.would also like to get just rear door handles removed and hatch all smoothed out.

when it goes back in after summer for bumpers done better i will be getting (i think)valances smoothed in and bonet cutout welded in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
rear tailgate looks sweet i have thought about this since i got my mkiv how did they do this was it a case of welding metal and a tub of filler ?

car looks nice keep it up

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jase

Looking real good

I can understand why you have placed the car reg to the right

Shows off the bumper effect alot more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts