Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like an age since I sold my Octavia RS to a man in Brighton who promised to look after it. I think the wait seemed longer because of the 3 cylinder diesel Polo I rented while waiting for my new car. It seemed to somehow be able to suck time itself in through the radiator grill, a black hole where 0-60 and top speed seemed strangely irrelevant. Anyway, I digress...

Here it is, my new A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phantom Black pearlescent, full leather, Bose and cruise control. Mmm.... nice.

And btw that isn't the tyre place opposite JBS, it's an entirely different tyre place somewhere else [;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Very VERY nice Rich, I see thats outside JBS. You've not let James get his grubby little mits on it already have you?? [:D]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. I am very pleased with it. When I picked it up on Tuesday I did think I'd made a terrible mistake, the ride is firm to say the least but once I'd got all my crap in the boot and done a few miles that thought went away. Plus I found out there was about 4 bar too much pressure in the tyres! It really does go like the clappers too. As the MKV GTi guys have already said the 2.0T is superb with little or no lag plus the Quattro really does give you that extra smile per mile. You know guys, the 1.8T is soooooooo 2005 [;)]

Plans for it and specifically James and his evil ways? I'm being good for the moment [A] and today I just parked up, locked it and watched him get increasingly frustrated while trying to feed a Vag-com cable through the radiator grille.

It's a thirsty bugger though...

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Plans for it and specifically James and his evil ways? I'm being good for the moment [A] and today I just parked up, locked it and watched him get increasingly frustrated while trying to feed a Vag-com cable through the radiator grille.
LOL..... [:)]

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Very nice! Im definitely a big fan, especially after seeing a very
nicely modded 3.2 version at the Nurburgring a couple of weeks ago...

How much could I get one for? Also what sort of power hike can you expect from a remap and other stage 1 or 2 mods?

A worthy replacement for my S3?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well cheers for all the positive feedback everyone [:)]

I've got to admit I'm enjoying it more and more. And it does look bloody lovely I reckon.

This is for anyone who knows Sheffield at all. I was on my my back from Waitrose this morning (after a quick trip to Halfords, I'd heard they had a Meguiars product I haven't bought yet) and I have to head into Broomhill to get home, this involves the A57 Manchester Road. So I get to Crosspool and think 'Maybe a bit further' so I keep on the A57 all the way to Ladybower Dam fully intending to turn off at Ladybower and head back to Hathersage and Sheffield. But then I think 'Nah, bit further' and commit myself to the Snake Pass. Luckily I was behind a Golf MKV TDi who wasn't hanging about so it was quite an enjoyable trip over. Once through Glossop I toyed with the idea of heading all the way to the M62 but I thought that might be a bit dull so instead I headed back over the Woodhead Pass where I got to try out the cruise control because of all those pesky SPECS cameras. The scenery over that way is quite spectacular BTW. When I finally emerged at Wentworth just short of J36 M1 I stopped at McDonalds for a Diet Coke because I wanted to try out the cup holder. 10/10 [:)] I then headed back to Sheffield via the A61 through Hillsborough, up to Crookes and back home. Waitrose is actually about 10 minutes from my house. The beers in the boot were a bit warm [:(]

Let's face it though, that's why we're all here and that's what makes motoring so great. I once heard Rowan Atkinson say that what he enjoyed about the whole motoring thing was that on a Sunday morning he could leave his house, get to the bottom of the road, turn left and go and buy a paper. Or he could turn right and be in Cornwall for lunchtime. Top stuff.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Sweet, I love the snake pass, I went over their with Ben (bjs144) before he got rid of his monster C70 T5. It was just above freezing and the cars were flying, we hardly came across any other traffic. After about 30-40 mins blast we pulled up and both of our turbos were glowing and so were his front discs. I have never seen this before on a road car. Awesome nights driving.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took some more today. Can you spot the difference?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some interior shots. Sorry about the dirty mats [:$] Odd that everything looks grey, I can assure you it's black [:cool:]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Actually really like the brushed chrome mirrors.  Wasn't a fan of the new A3, but they are really beginning to grow on me now, looks lovely mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts