Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year of owning my Golf and being a member on here, I have finally got some pics on here!!

I know it needs a clean, but I thought I would introduce my Golf!

Tabs, the Plate Surrounds are great! Makes me look out for other members with them!

Thanks

Iain

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Looking good Iain, I'll keep my eyes open for you. Strangely enough I'm starting a new job next week based in Basingstoke with another office in Farnborough!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which Indicators? I hope to change the rear cluster when i can afford to.

Colour coded is a must, but again, no money!!

Excellent Richard, where abouts in Amazingstoke and Boro?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yes, I know who you mean! My mate works next to you in Southwood!

Cool, will you be travelling on the M3 in the mornings and evening?!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Without a doubt, M3 from Windlesham. Look out for the dirty Indigo Blue Mk4 TDi that looks a just a little bit different to the rest.....!

·
Registered
639 Posts
hi ian

its good seeing your car as it is so much like mine, makes me miss it as i dont often use it during the week, even though its at home and i see it every day when i get in from work.

as for the Indicators, he might have meant the front ones - to remove that fired egg effect. not a big upgrade but does make a difference. i wouldnt worry about it if cost is a factor.

also regarding the side repeaters, count your self luck as the clear one look good on blue and tie in with the headlights. i had orange one that just had to go - now got blue ones, looks smoother.

as for the rear clusters, i have some b,c,c,b style ones. however the blue isnt quite right and my bro dont think much of them but then when you compare them to stock ones they look tons better. i think euro ones would also look very good.

thats an odd angle you got shoot of the back, makes it look like a mk3. plus its a good job you have got them aeros on order. they make a big difference, just about worth the money, its those dam expensive arms.

cheap jobs for you:

colour code the rear badge

get rid of the dealer tax disc holder

get a uk-mkivs window sticker in the back window.

will get round to posting some pics of mine soon.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Iain, I meant the front indicators in the headlight unit. I swapped mine for silver coloured ones, so they dont look orange, but still light up orange when in use.

These.....

Posted Image

Looks loads better I think.

Posted Image

Cleans up the front a bit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah, I have those front indicators, got them from Shaq a while ago. Put them in but didnt think they lit up as much so left them out. But looking at the front of yours Benn they do look much better.

Actually Benn, when did you park on my drive to change your indicators?!! LOL!!

Hudson, I'm not too keen on the clear clusters. Fancy the GTI ones tbh.

Side Repeators, i am chuffed i have the clear ones, came with the car!

Cant wait for the aeros to come. Will make a big difference appearance wise and more effective!

Will have to colour code the badge and change the tax disc. Good suggestions.

Anyone wanna give me a sticker?!!

WGC? I am playing their mixed team on sunday at hockey!! They any good?!

Cheers peeps. Much appreciated

·
Registered
639 Posts
WGC is Welwyn Garden City, is that the team your playing?

TBH i didnt even know we had a team. Good luck.

about the indicators, your right, not as bright as light has to get through a layer of metal but ok.

one thing, whats this about you having Xenon Extreme White Fogs in your sig? 1.6's dont have fogs as standard and in your pics it doesnt look like you have added them. got any info?

lol about benn being on your driveway.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, those lot! Thanks for the luck!!

I will put the silvery ones back in and have a look again.

Fogs, ok, not fogs as you are thinking. I mean full beam, so sidelights are LEDs, Main beam are Xenon and Full beam are xenon. Maybe i should change the sig!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No i don't, because of that!

But they do look good!

Anyway, we never get fog, certainly not enough to warrant fog lights on!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts