Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased another golf, was my neighbours car from new and I've had a craving for another so I just had to have it. For a 23 year old car it's not in bad condition but does need some work.

It's an early 90bhp agr engine code so tunning ability may be limited. If the ecu turns out to be mappable I would plan to eventually squeeze some more power out of it. Have a gt1749vb turbo and 150 inlet sitting ready to install. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have been told that along with these 180bhp is achievable.... a better intercooler, 0.230 injector nozzles, pd lift pump and of course routing an n75 in.

Before even looking into any of that I must get it trough mot. Thankfully it only seems to need a back axle which I have and exhaust welded. Only things I've done so far are put gttdi taillights in it, genuine rear mudflaps on and my rs6 alloys on it. Have a genuine spoiler and apex 40mm 'I think' lowering springs to go in. Would have liked to have been able to get the early mudflaps with vw badges on them but anyway... looking forward to getting it on the road again
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
Find seatman's build he did the same thing you are thinking about... and he put pictures up from everything and even links to where he got certain parts from etc... very informative and basically a blueprint for you ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts