Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20% discount code job done! Last treat before xmas (said that abnout my boost gauge pod earlier today...)

For ?150 i got:

Porter cable with DAS pads.

Sonus SFX ultra fine detailing clay.

Blue Perl buffing towels.

Megs super suede drying cloth.

Megs Duo-Fiber glass towel.

Megs NXT gen glass cleaner.

Megs NXT gen interior cleaner.

Sonus Carnauba Spritz detailing Spray.

And i get a free bottle of Sonus SFX 2 i think it is.

Going to order up some SSR2.5 and 1 i think, wheres the best place for a transformer? Screwfix?

Shopping will be in order next weekend to keep the g/f silent [:^)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You need to cut the U.S. plug off the porter cable and put the new screfix one on, so it fits into the transformer for the power...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Let us know how you get on with the SSR 2.5 - I'm thinking about picking some up to restore my paint work (and confidence) after the poor results with SFX products.

The quick detailing spray is good though - works well with Zymol finishes [Y]
Car looked good enuff today mate..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered a transformer, cable etc from Screwfix and some SSR2.5 and 1 from serious performance.

Now i'll need to get a spare minute to use it [:D]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Let us know how you get on with the SSR 2.5 - I'm thinking about picking some up to restore my paint work (and confidence) after the poor results with SFX products.

I'll let you know Mark as I am hoping to give my car it's winter clean/polish at the weekend weather permitting and some git has put a scratch down the side of my car from the door to the rear!

J.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How good are serious performance!! Ordered my SSR yesterday and it arrived today. Bearing in mind i live in the north of scotland thats amazing.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

The above are very good items, make sure you read up on the recommendations on how to use the buffer correctly to ensure a perfect finish.

I defo recommend you do some research on how to use it correctly.

Before you do your first full clean, I was recommended to use washing up liquid to remove all the previous wax coats on my car so you do not waste any of the cutting componds or polishes removing the old wax before finally attacking the faults. Plus defo claybar after the wash and before using the buffer.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You can use virissol to remove the old wax, too [Y]

I use it in high concentration and it works a treat.
Sand paper also works well, gives a lovely silver (metal) finish...LOL[:D]

and Battery acid...LOL

(only joking please don't use these [:$])

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
How good are serious performance!! Ordered my SSR yesterday and it arrived today. Bearing in mind i live in the north of scotland thats amazing.
Alex offers probably the best online/via post ordering ever, I swear.. it's so damn quick ! superb service from alex.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

I'll let you know Mark as I am hoping to give my car it's winter clean/polish at the weekend weather permitting and some git has put a scratch down the side of my car from the door to the rear!

J.
jesus no ! Yoiur car always looks immacualte J. is it removable ? not too deep I hope.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The above are very good items, make sure you read up on the recommendations on how to use the buffer correctly to ensure a perfect finish.

I defo recommend you do some research on how to use it correctly.

Before you do your first full clean, I was recommended to use washing up liquid to remove all the previous wax coats on my car so you do not waste any of the cutting componds or polishes removing the old wax before finally attacking the faults. Plus defo claybar after the wash and before using the buffer.
Will be using clay to remove wax [:)] On that tip, anyone used fairy liquid in a spray bottle as a 'lube' at the same time?

Autopia has loads of good how-to's, infact thats half the reason i bought it!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts