Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally managed to bag a premium xbox 360 today. Got PGR3 and Kameo.
Couldn't find a wireless network adaptor so no live for me yet. I've
only managed to hook it up via composite so far though. I'm getting my
new av amp on Weds so then I'll be able to play in hi-def via the
component lead. Pic through the composite is depressingly poor. The
picture glitches and makes a large gap appear at the bottom of the
screen. There's also a huge amount of colour bleed - I saw 2 cars
almost merge into 1 at one point. Won't really bother playing this yet
until I've got the amp sorted. Then I'll see some of you online.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Congratulations Nick!!

I'm loving having a 360 though its depressing that its going back to Microsoft for an exchange so soon.

I guess that means I'll loses all my game progress etc, ah well [:(]

See you online soon I hope.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Congratulations Nick!!
I'm loving having a 360 though its depressing that its going back to Microsoft for an exchange so soon.
I guess that means I'll loses all my game progress etc, ah well [:(]

See you online soon I hope.
u shouldnt loose the data as its on your live account, try and see if u can keep the hard drive and swap it when the new one arrives!

i'm lovin PGR3, completed it on medium, hard is ok, but hardcore is too much for me! lol

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
u shouldnt loose the data as its on your live account, try and see
if u can keep the hard drive and swap it when the new one arrives!
Yeah, I realise that data from my Live account won't be lost but they
specifically asked for me to include the hard drive and power supply
with the console.

The last thing I want is a call from them saying they can't process a
repair/replacement without the hard drive as it'll end up being weeks
before I'm fixed up with a new console.

It just means I'll have to play more PGR3 and Fifa2006 which isn't a bad thing as I could do with the practice!!

I'm going to order COD2 after many positive reviews but guess I won't
have it before my console leaves for Microsoft, something to look
forward to I guess.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
NikB - good stuff on getting a console

i'm on PGR3 Live (GT - GoldenSky)

Gary - shame about the console going back, know what you mean about the practice!

i got PDZ and PGR3 with mine and Condemned this morning however i can't get away from playing PGR on live

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mines arriving on Tuesday!! Managed to bag one online on Friday, but when I went into the shops on Saturday there were plenty of Premiums at the Game in the Bullring.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You're lucky Nik my search still goes on, I thought I bagged one last week through Argos my order appeared to go through but a day later I received an email saying no.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you're able to dude, I would go down to your nearest Game, first thing on Tuesday. Looks like they had a big delivery on Saturday, and at the Game I went to, they went selling that quickly.  I'm guessing people had just given up for the year, so you may be able to bag one before everyone else catches on!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Def check out Game Del they seem to have had a big delivery. I know the one in York had at least 30.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Argos have just put some more on the web site and it looks like my order has gone through this time, delivery friday.

Now I need to find a VGA HD cable.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Argos have just put some more on the web site and it looks like my order has gone through this time, delivery friday.

just ordered 1 from argos, entered my credit card details etc then it said out of stock!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try Gamestation for a vga cable, they had a couple in the York store today and nobody else had them.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Try Gamestation for a vga cable, they had a couple in the York store today and nobody else had them.
Cheers Nik, Yorks a bit far for me but I will try a couple of London stores, I had no luck in Oxford st today.

·
Registered
398 Posts

just ordered 1 from argos, entered my credit card details etc then it said out of stock!
been keeping an eye on the xbox 360 forum on avforums and people said argos were taking orders again so thought i'd give it another go

and i've got 1 coming on friday!

what's the best way to connect to the tv? i'll be using my old 32" crt sony for a few weeks til i get a new plasma?

thanks

neil

·
Registered
894 Posts

been keeping an eye on the xbox 360 forum on avforums and people said argos were taking orders again so thought i'd give it another go

and i've got 1 coming on friday!

what's the best way to connect to the tv? i'll be using my old 32" crt sony for a few weeks til i get a new plasma?

thanks

neil
Scart RGB with your CRT.

Component or VGA on the plasma this will enable you to use Hi Def graphics.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope, if you've got the premium pack you get a hi-def advanced
component cable. This has a composite connection also which is fairly
poor. If you're hooking it up to a crt tv you will need to buy and
advanced scart cable for the best quality.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Deffo got a box coming on friday but the VGA cable is a no no at the moment, can't get one for love nor money, I can understand the consoles being in short supply but the accessories, come on microsoft pull your finger out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
360 has just turned up cardboard box is quite heavy and seems smaller than the display boxs in the shops, mine also came with the remote which is a nice bonus, looking forward to setting it up later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts