Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just test drove a Y Reg Fiesta Zetec-S, not the new style, the older one.

I take back all I've ever said to people about Fords, I am damn impressed with this car! Okay, the name isn't really desirable but I've not had so much fun in a while! Power comes effortlessly and the handling and cornering is fantastic, I started driving it like I would with the Golf, expecting it to tip over, but it just won't budge.

Got to say, love it... might even buy it [B)]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My mate from work just test drove one 2 days ago (recently born child, so needs a slightly bigger car). I went along with him, and was also suprised at how nippy it was.

(ashamed to say it, but i think it could probably embaress mine!!)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I really wish the golf handled like the F**d Fungus, but thank god it doesn't look like it. [V]

i love the look of the new Fiesta, much better looking than the Fungus, i still don't desire a ford not even the RS.

I must be what they call a badge snob...ooh err. [:O]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Me neither, ive been bugging the lad to get a new Polo, what with the bigger size etc. But the last 6 cars he's had have been F**ds.

Once a loser, always a loser, thats my motto [;)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Sorry lads I'd still take a Focus over a 1.4 or 1.6 Golf [:O] Maybe if the latter was a highline I'd change my mind...

Fords are pretty renowed for handling and the Zetec S is a nippy little thing putting out 103bhp so yeh it would take a 1.6 Golf on 0-60 and maybe top speed - only prob is if you crashed in the Fiesta you'd probably be dead..........[xx(]

I hear an RS Fiesta and ST150 are on the way...

The Zetec S was on Top Gear GTI recently against a Corsa GSI (1.8) and a Saxo VTR and he preferred the Fiesta...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got myself out in a Polo GTI today for a test drive, got to say I really didn't like it compared to the Zetec-S [:O]

Prefered the growl of the Polo, but it just weren't as much fun.

Definately gonna get something smaller but faster for my next car!

Lupo GTI to test drive next [;)]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Josh mate, the Polo GTI certainly ain't a bad car at all, just personal preference on how they drove.

Maybe the GTI would be a nicer car to own rather than just drive.

[;)]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here's another for your shopping list.

Toyota Yaris (the quick one) VVT or something like that.

Ive driven one and it was quite nimble and was quite impressed. Worth a look !

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Know the one you mean Wish, it's about the only Yaris that looks like something special!

Might pop over there, though the last time I went was when my mum was choosing her next company car and they didn't give the warmest welcome! "You can't come in, we're closing"

We thought Removed them!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The reason why Zetec engines are more powerful/driveable is because they were developed by Yamaha. Ford pay Yamaha a royalty for each engine that is sold. Bernie.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a Fiesta Mark3 RS Turbo about 7 years ago... great car, had it modified to 230 BHP at the wheels, needless to say i suprised alot of people!! Not sure about the new batch of Fiesta's, maybe if a RS came out.......

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had a Fiesta RST too it was 12 months old and kept eating turbos. It was a common fault apparenly as the oil pressure was too high for the turbo or something like that.

Needless to say i only owned it for about 12 months.

·
Registered
782 Posts
quote:

12 months ? Wow, that must be a record for you !
It was when i lived at home, i wasn't allowed to keep changing my cars !!!

Mish, The New Fiesta RS is out early part of next year [;)]

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
There is an RS of new model Fiesta on the way...don't know when though! Next 2/3 years...
There's no RS model planned at the moment, mate. I'm also a member on the Ford RS Owners club - there's some speculation there as to how long the current RS Focus project will run for (apparently, orders are well down on the last model, due to the credit crunch and it is less desirable than the previous one, as it's not being limited in number).

I'd still take a Ford RS car over a VW anyday - they have much better handling and more power on tap. This is before the marque is taken into account in Ford's favour too.

Wigster.

·
Registered
667 Posts
fords do handle very well had a few lol had a mrk 1 xr2 5 mrk2 xr2s mrk3 xr2i

white 300m bhp 2wd saff cossie a 400 bhp rwd saff cossie

and i got to say my mrk 2 xr2 i have now for track will kill my golf gti around a track

1 - 20 of 26 Posts