Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just got new 18's on, they're elite sapphire with toyo's that i got fairly cheap, wasn't sure they were gonna be any good but they're lighter that the 17" TT six spokes i had on before and quality of paint's spot on. Cars not that clean unfortunatly.

Plan is... Rollcage, seats/harnesses and R-line kit.

When i bought the car in feb it was standard. so the guy said anyway, put it on jbs' rollers and it made 173bhp ?? think it's had boost raised slightly, but it's fuelling spot on so no need to complain. got a green cotton filter, ABD 3" downpipe/de-cat and Milltek cat+ without front box (plenty of flames) i reckon it's fairly close to 190 now. waitin for JBS to get rollers up and running again to get reading. (leaves my mates Revo'd Leon Cupra anyway). probably due to weight reduction.

I know 'stripped out' isn't to everyone's taste but i like it, thought it should look quite motorsport-ish when it's done.

Anyway's. any comments welcome.

ooo it's on FK highsports by the way.

cheers

Hep

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
593 Posts
looks cool in white, wheels suit it.

Stripped out with cage sounds great, look forward to seeing the end result

p.s. I don't think your sig pic will last long!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guy's, glad you like.

er, yeah, the sig pic is gone. :)

I'll keep you updated

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Love white golfs.....you dont see many of them about....unlike my black 1.8t[:)]

where did you get thoses alloys??

done a search on google and 'elite sappires' didnt bring anything up.

Is elite the manufacturer of the wheel?

cheers

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
There's something just 'right' about this car - I like it!

I bet those standard seats weigh a fair bit, might be an idea for the future if you're looking to trim it down? Just out of interest, have you had it on a weighbridge just to see how much you've shaved off?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm liking the idea of the stripped interior. looks a bit weird with standard seats in it. Think nice set of carbon buckets and a nice swede steering wheel look sweet in there and a bit of rally style flock on the dash

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
nice car mate .

saw you on saturday between eckington and chesterfield.(i was in silver anni kitted going other way).

thought you must have had some thing done as it sounded loud.

the bhp can be that high some times,mine is suposed to be a 150 but made 176.8 on jbs rollers.

jase...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers mate,

that's what they were called in the brochure my mate showed me, couldn't find em on net either but my mate's set up an account with em, i'll do a bit more digging and find out for ya.

ps. i had my heart set on a black one til i saw mine in autotrader, had to get it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for comments!

front seats are next plan, they do weigh a fair bit. not weighed it yet but reckon it must be a good 80kg or so, felt a big difference! like binning a fat passenger..... just need to get rid of fat driver now! feels so much more nimble under acceleration, handling etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi mate,

yeah i saw you not so long since down by asda at handsworth with your old bumpers on, must say i like yours with the new ones, they jap? i been thinkin bout swappin my R/C/C/R's for USDM R32 rear clusters, they look a lot more oem. i like.

interestin wot you said bout your power output, i had wondered if it was just a "good'n" but did seem a bit high, thought usual variation was about +/-15%...... ah well, free power, can't fault it!

cheers

James

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
i saw you not so long since down by asda at handsworth with your old bumpers on, must say i like yours with the new ones, they jap? i been thinkin bout swappin my R/C/C/R's for USDM R32 rear clusters, they look a lot more oem. i like.
i live at handsworth.think i remember seeing you , (lights half way down handsworth hill) ?

yep mine are jap spec bumpers and euro gti rear lights(white stripe).think euro ones may look at a bit better than u.s. ones(dark stripe)on your car.

what seats you going for ? some nice carbon back race seats ?[H]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah right, yeah they're the lights i meant.....my bad.

think they look sweet on yours mate, wouldn't mind seein yours close up now new bumpers etc are one, there any local meets goin on anytime soon?

Yeah i'm lookin round for some funky seats and a wheel, i used to have a car with a momo race wheel that i liked, they do em in 350mm as well....better than a shirt button style jobby. gonna get harnesses and cage from venom and that should be interior about done.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
where abouts in sheffield are you ?

how about some race seats with carbon back and red leather (integra R style)?would stand out and look sweet in your car.!

also how about colour coding the backing on the rear badge.?

jase...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts