Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Was talking today with Mark (Tabs) and we wanted to see what people thought about having a Go Karting event? I've had a look at this place - Daytona - in Manchester. Could have a NW meet there then go for eats in Trafford?

Let me know if you're interested? Haven't got any dates yet but I need to know if people are up for it before enquiring about booking etc.

P.S. I'm the queen of Go Karting so remember this before you sign up [:p]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Hmmm, I could be up for this depending on dates and work commitments.

Just think, I could show Mark a clean pair of heels yet again [:p]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts

And i'll be behind you both laughing me socks off!

Up for this, time/date dependant etc...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I would realy like to go  but is a bit of a trek all the way up there , i might be able to thou depends on dates ??  have been thinking about seeing if anyones interested down this way as i have been to buckmore park a few times  very good outside track  top speeds 70mph ( if you have the balls to) lol , so would be intersted once you have the dates

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts

Detune your wagon to 100bhp and around 150 ft/lbs and then we'll see who's laughing then [:D]

I can see this being a really good event if we have a few of us [Y]

Anyone else up for it?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm definately up for this one, aslong as i'm not on call for work etc.. i'll be there [:D]

Quite looking forward to seeing GaryC trying to squeeze all 6'3" of himself into a go-kart...!!!! [;)][:p]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I'm definately up for this one, aslong as i'm not on call for work etc.. i'll be there [:D]

Quite looking forward to seeing GaryC trying to squeeze all 6'3" of himself into a go-kart...!!!! [;)][:p]
And Ill whip all your arses!!!

If I can have a weight penalty for those lightre than me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for letting me know, so far we have the following interested:

Me
Mark
GaryM
Gary Cundliffe
AndyMac
Beddie
V6DKO
Loflux

Let me know if theres anyone else interested, I'm going to ring up this weekend to find out Dates and times and prices

[:)]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry late update. Go karting is going to take place on

Sunday 31st July

Briefing: 3:00pm
Start 3:30pm
Price: ?42.50/person
Duration: 3-4hrs

Payments are made on booking therefore I'll need to know for definet who is going and to take payments before booking please.

People I have down for this at the moment are:
Me
Mark
GaryM
Gary Cundliffe
AndyMac
Beddie
V6DKO
Loflux

Any changes let me know. The race is called the "Open Grand Prix" and they take up to 56 drivers! I've been told there are still plenty of spaces.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So is that 3-4 hrs of racing or is a sort of tournament were you do so many laps and then come in and some others go out [:^)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Here's the description from the website

GP Open Heats
The GP Open is popular with Stag Parties and perfect for individuals and groups of any size. Every driver in your group will take part in a pre race practice, followed by 3 obligation heats. The top 32 drivers qualify for the semi finals with the top 10 drivers competing in a Grand Final. The top 3 drivers after battling for 10 laps in the Grand Final will receive an engraved trophy.

Takes place most Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok next available time looks like it will be for the Sunday 7th August. Briefing will be at 4:00pm instead and races will start at 4:30pm.

So who wants to go then? [:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
UK-MKIVS 2005 Mega Meet - Billing Aquadrome 6th-7th Aug... Same dates???

Thought you would of been going to this Tabs...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts