raise the prospect of an open day for forum members at Superchips? newly
refurbished headquarters in Buckingham.

This would be to;

The idea is fairly fluid at the moment and I?m keen to
canvass opinions. This could involve;

• Subsidised
    Bluefin and standard remaps.
  • Free
    dyno runs before and after for customers having their cars remapped.
  • Reasonably-priced
    dyno runs for other attendees subject (but with preference to the above)
    on the Superchips MAHA 4WD dyno.
  • Promotional
    competitions.
  • VW
    Racing cars in attendance.
  • Demonstrator
    vehicles.
  • <st1:City><st1:place>Tours</st1:place></st1:City>
    of the impressive HQ facilities.
Posted Image

In order to resource this properly it is felt that it would
be better to hold this mid-week over a couple of days whilst all staff are in
attendance.

What do you think?

James [:D]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
seems like a good idea, James. When I looked at the bluefin website earlier, there was no availability for the 2.0TFSi[:^)]

As I've already been superchipped, would they like to offer a custom remap for, say, ?10 ?[:p] I'll pay ?30 for the "after" dyno run if they want[:D]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems like a good idea, James. When I looked at the bluefin website earlier, there was no availability for the 2.0TFSi[:^)]

As I've already been superchipped, would they like to offer a custom remap for, say, ?10 ?[:p] I'll pay ?30 for the "after" dyno run if they want[:D]
That's why the FSI-T Bluefin is going to be launched [:p] They are in the final stages of R&D - we are talking days not weeks.

Keep the ideas coming.....

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
If there's promo prices available, PARTICUALRLY demo cars available, this cuold become very interesting [:)]

My head is above the parapet, looking somewhat interested [y]

Preferably new year, not pre-crimbo, but that's personal obviously [:)]

C

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would be interested in this as i'm just having my car Super chipped at the moment & wouldn't mind seeing some VW motor sport motors if they are on show.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi James,

I'd be up for this early in the New year work permitting, people would also be welcome to go for a run in my car to experience the Bluefin remap. Well worth a visit Guys a great proffesional outfit with helpful and informative staff, get your names down.....

·
Registered
471 Posts
If there's promo prices available, PARTICUALRLY demo cars available, this cuold become very interesting [:)]

My head is above the parapet, looking somewhat interested [y]

Preferably new year, not pre-crimbo, but that's personal obviously [:)]

C
You've already had a runabout in my "demo" car mate [:p]

I'll be happy to go along to this - they're some great guys over there. 'Sides, they owe me a free dyno run [;)]

Any idea when this is gonna occur?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any more ideas on this James
Who from, me? Nope [:^)]

The guys at Superchips have had a couple of good ideas for promotions one of which is linked to the dyno. Interested to see if anyone else would like to see anything in particular.

Also keen to see if we would actually get the sort of national turn-out we managed for the Awesome meet in Jan '06 if the date is pitched during the working week, and whether a contingent would turn out from say, the North West as a day trip in these circumstances.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The only thing I think will hinder this is having it mid week as it will limit your audience especially for anyone travelling as it is potentially 2 days off work.

Apart from the obvious reasons with Superchips staff being available for Saturday is there any other reason that a weekend is not an option ?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have to say I agree with Henryon the day thing... A Sat would be better to do this as it would probably get a better/bigger turn out for superchip.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say I agree with Henryon the day thing... A Sat would be better to do this as it would probably get a better/bigger turn out for superchip.
Yeah I appreciate that - which is why I've done this as a feeler to see what people think - it's OK for you as you're self-employed but many people can't be as flexible...keep the feedback coming. [:)]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I can do any day just need to book it out like you said.. Be good to see a large turn out there.

Keep up the good work James. [:D][H]

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
James, this is just what I have been waiting for. I never did get Superchipped earlier this year, because I started looking at Porkers. Assuming the price is right you can count me in for a MKV GTI re-map (happy to be a development car too). Strangely a mid week slot would be better for me, but I could probably work in a weekend.

Simon

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE: Just posted THIS

Looking at the possibility of this going ahead over a Friday and Saturday in late Jan / early Feb, to fit in with as many peoples' requirements as possible and ensure that those who can make the Friday see the operation in full effect, not just staffed for remaps and dyno runs.

James

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looking at the possibility of this going ahead over a Friday and Saturday in late Jan / early Feb, to fit in with as many peoples' requirements as possible and ensure that those who can make the Friday see the operation in full effect, not just staffed for remaps and dyno runs.
Defo interested James.... just depends what car I have at the time.... may just come along to watch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts