21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok.....lets try this then....

Wednesday 4th August

Bartons Mill Pub - Old Basing....

Nice pub, good beer/food and if the sun is out a great car park to show the shine off on the cars....

Not sure how to PM local people though......I think most are on this thread already?!?!?!?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Could be up for this one. Looks right for me and my shift pattern [^]

Would be great to see some new faces and put them with the names on here....

Haven't a clue where this pub is so could there be a map or something like this please to help us find it [:I]

More cleaning of the car too [:D]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Directions to Bartons Mill

M3 Junction 6 Basingstoke

Follow first r/bout round to only exit that is not back onto M/way.

Straight over at the next one, on the Ring road.

Take second exit signposted Lychpit/Basing House.

Stay in Right hand land and turn right at the T Junction.

At R/bout (With Mini StoneHendge on the middle) take 3rd exit - Swing Swang Lane.

Follow up hill to next R/bout - Turn Right.

Take Next Left.

Entrance to the pub is on Right hand side - Bartons Mill/Millstone.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=RG248AE

I'll be there from 7pm. Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Whos Coming then?????????????????

·
Registered
703 Posts
CoolCurly,

It might be worth an email to NikB to get him to add the meet to the uk-mkivs calendar with a new post and then lock this topic.

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
From Reading;

A33 to Basingstoke. At first Basingtoke R/b (tescos) take 2nd exit.

follow road along, through traffic lights, straight over two mini roadabouts to a third mini r/b. Bear right.

Follow road down hill and take 2nd left (looks like you are going into a housing estate). Take First left again and follow lane around past the houses and the entrance to the pub and mill is on the left about 200 yards (est) (its the only left turn on the road)....

Hope to see you there....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You can take a slightly different route...

A33 to Basingstoke. At first Basingtoke R/b (tescos) take 3rd exit towards A339.

At 2nd roundabout (has lots of red men on it), take first exit towards A339.

Third roundabout is the A339 roundabout - take the first exit towards Daneshill.

Fourth roundabout, take second exit (straight on)

Fifth roundabout (mini one), take second exit (about 1 o'clock to the right) and you'll see a large railway bridge with speed bumps.

Take the first left, signed Bartons Mill Lane. The pub is about 200 yards down this road on the right.

I always prefer this route to going through the residential area as the residential area always looks the same after every turn and I'm not a local!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry dude, just been reminded i have to be in cardiff for the mother-in-laws birthday...maybe next time.......We should arrange a newbury meet...

21 - 40 of 57 Posts