Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here to sell my 150PD. I've got a mk2 GTi and have been enjoying that and not using the diesel much so considering selling.

Here is the car;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(note; normal red grill included)

43000 miles

First reg 12/12/03

OY53 GHH

Ex Bentley UK car.

Service History:

Longlife service regime carred out at Volkswagen retailers at required mileage (second one just done at 39,000) plus extra lubrication services comprising of Castrol SLX Longlife II and genuine filters at the folowing mileages; 13500, 24566, 30957, 34800.

Retro fitted 312mm brakes on the front at 21280 and rears replaced at 21620 (all genuine parts). Both front and rear discs replaced early summer at 39000 with brand new genuine parts for cosmetic reasons. Old ones had gone rusty!

Retro fitted cruise control by Awesome GTI

Brake fluid change at 33000 (2 years)

Retro fitted genuine parts front armrest.

Retro fitted front headlight washers using new genuine (hella) parts

Eibach Prokit springs and dampers along with Eibach front and rear ARBs fitted at approx 40,000 (fitted by Andy at PSI Tuning)

Powerflex dogbone mount (half of kit fitted to prevent vibration)

Lupo GTi gearknob.

Montreal alloy wheels replaced at 39000 via a warranty claim.

Green cotton filter insert.

Recent new windscreen

Polo rear wiper

Nokia 6280 car kit fitted with dashmount- no nasty holes!

Front panels refinished to remove stonechips by local sprayshop (well regarded company on here and Club GTi)

Immaculate interior and engine bay. Carpet mats quite new.

Recent full polish by "L200 steve" off detailing world.

Folder with £2000+ of invoices and history plus original brochure.

Also!

This car has been featured in Volkswagen driver magazine a number of times since I purchased it in August 2004. Most worthy of these was the car being remaped with the switchable DMS Dualsystem remap and when programmed increases power to 185 bhp. This has been proven on a Rolling Road.

Backed up by the invoices, many parts have been placed to keep the car looking new, I have been vert fastidious regarding its upkeep!

Third best in show the last two uk-mkivs Mega Meets! Sadly no prizes for third place but and indication of its condition.

Sale would include US spec full genuine parts car bra. Hence immaculate front end paintwork.

As a 150 PD its got low miles and hopefully the people who know this car would agree its in first class condition, and I wouldn't be suprised if it could be regarded as one of the best condition 150 PDs in the country. Normally the underside is kept as clean as the interior!

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

EDIT!!

As part of the sale, the car will come with its first MOT from a Volkswagen dealer, and should any issues be apparent they will be repaired under the warranty. Warranty expires and MOT due on 12/12/06

Also I will change the oil prior to sale again with longlife oil and genuine filter; current oil has just done short of 5000 miles so good to change before the winter!

£12000 ono

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

·
Registered
742 Posts
This car is sooo clean its untrue a exellent example probably cleaner than show room conition!

Would be the ideal base car!

Are you going to replace it with another motor Gary?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
The car looks spanking in the pics so best of luck with the sale mate.. if i had £12k i would be interested due to 1) its condition and 2) its mileage and 3) its age..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice motor, but DAMN £12.5k?!?!?!? My brother paid less than that 2 years ago for a PD150 3 door with 26k on the clock, FROM A VW DEALER!!! I think if you look on the trader most cars of this spec are £9000 MAX.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine two years ago from a dealer, and it wasn't anywhere near that money.

Also this thread is an advert/feeler regarding the sale of my car, NOT as a basis to discuss my pricing decisions.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Great car. Seen it in the mags too. Obviously very well looked after.

Just out of interest do you have a pic of the lupo gear knob? Its a mod I have not heard of at all on a golf!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Blimey !!!

She is CLEAN !

I'm going to get a Bra or maybe Perma-Guard for my Leon when I get it, the miles do take their toll, no matter how hard I try to keep her looking good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I can honestly say this is the cleanest car I have ever seen!

Last time I saw it, you had even cleaned the hubs of the wheels! and of course I could eat my dinner off your wheel arches, they are that clean!

If anybody wants to buy a PD150...this is the car to have because it is just fantastic.....I have seen lots of posts on here about the Anni vs PD150 GT, and there are many people that prefer the refinements of a GT...and this has more gadgets and accessories than gadgetworld!

Don't listen to people that say 'I have seen a similar car with less miles for less money' tell them to go run along and view it then! because there really is some [email protected] on the market. When selling my anni I had atleast 10 e-mails of people offering me silly money and saying they had seen cars cheaper for less money.....but most of them will have been sheds. The right buyer will come along in time.

Bearing in mind I got 11K for my anni with 75K on the clock.....I would go for 12K ono.....and see what offers you get buddy.

Tom

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I got mine two years ago from a dealer, and it wasn't anywhere near that money.

Also this thread is an advert/feeler regarding the sale of my car, NOT as a basis to discuss my pricing decisions.
Good luck with the sale, but the MK4 sale price has come down a lot for standard and modified Golfs. The price you are after is a little close to new MK5 Golfs.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
That was an awesome car mate and i never even seen it in the metal and i still thought it was and is one the best mk4's around.. so the new owner registered to uk-mkivs ??

Sat [y]

p.s. sorry for making a discussion in your thread gary

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
OK as this is now for sale could you please post the relevent topic in the cars for sale.

We're noticing a increase in this kind of topic, while its nice to get feedback on the condition of your car prior to selling, please remember that classified type ads belong in the classifieds.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Now that is what i call a mint car.

I've been looking for a good example pd150 anni for a while, but would have defo settled for your car if it was reflex silver [:(]

Someone is gunna get a well nice car their mate [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.