Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I regularly drive other current models of same/bigger size e.g. Focus/Mondeo/P307 and none of them feel anywhere near as solid as the MKIV Golf imo. Infact even the smaller VWs such as the current Polo seem stronger to me than a Focus.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
my gf used to have a saxo vtr and i'd always feel very scared when washing the car as the panels flex so much! they must be made of tin foil. what the hell would happen in a crash i don't know.

thankfully she got rid of it and bought a jimny as it suits her more for the daily trip to the stables to see to her horse.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Blue V5....a friend of mine is an insurance claims handler, he showed me a pic of a Saxo earlier on this week....all I'll say it that the roof around the sunroof didn't holdup very well in a head-on collision. [:(]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote: posted by VeeDub Geezer on 13/01/2005 15:51:35

as much as i love my VW's my g/f's Corrado doesnt feel as safe as my mkiv

Yep totally agree! i had a corrado before the mkiv the wife never felt safe in it but feels safe in the golf, i loved my rado but got to admit the golf feels so much more solid.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.