Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously getting fed up of being done over by the government[:mad:].

With the cost of petrol going through the roof and paying 235 road tax, im thinking of getting rid of the mk4 and getting a seat Ibiza TDi. Will cut everything I pay for in half!!

The problem is I spent way too much money getting the mk4 to the way it is and I don't know if I could let it go! Just got tax and MOT and the MOT guy said they are bringing in some exhaust noise regs next year and he thinks my car will fail instantly-it's got a milltek resonated system on it which is really quiet!

The only thing im happy about at the moment is im about to get my first house and I am going to bike to work which will save me around 150 quid a month in petrol, but then the car sits there all week doing nothing!

I know everybody on here is biased and I do love my golf, but my wallet is taking such a hammering at the moment I don't know how much longer I can take it[cry]

What should I do???[:(]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
welcome to old gits world...I'd love to have a car to lavish money on..unfortunately a mortgage and 2 kids take it all...

£235 for road tax is only 65p a day...not a great deal when you look at it like that. What would the Ibiza cost..£125 ? So that'd save you 30p a day

We all agree that in this country the Government takes too much fuel duty but I doubt anything will change - we all continue to fill up regardless of the price - just look at the queues at the local supermarket..

If I was you.....I'd keep the car, get a limited mileage policy which'll reduce your insurance a bit

or emigrate...if you can find a non- bankrupt / non-uprising country with jobs that pay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts