Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Motion"

Lots of scope with this theme so I'm expecting something cool. However you guys define or convey motion is fine with me but the more unique the better so any car lights on roundabouts better be something special!

As always here be them thar rules:
  • A maximum of 2 photographs per member to be posted for each month's challenge.
  • All photographs must be new and original, no recycling your old shots!
  • All photographs must be resized to be 640x480px to retain a gallery look and feel to the postings.
  • And, if you can, try to retain the EXIF information on your photographs so we can see your camera settings used to take your photographs.
Please submit all work only between February 1st to February 14th. After that date the best s election will be put forward for voting.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mo?tion
n.
  1. The act or process of changing position or place.
  2. A meaningful or expressive change in the position of the body or a part of the body; a gesture.
  3. Active operation:
    set the plan in motion.
  4. The ability or power to move:
    lost motion in his arm.
  5. The manner in which the body moves, as in walking.
  6. A prompting from within; an impulse or inclination:
    resigned of her own motion.
  7. Music. Melodic ascent and descent of pitch.
  8. Law. An application made to a court for an order or a ruling.
  9. A formal proposal put to the vote under parliamentary procedures.
    1. A mechanical device or piece of machinery that moves or causes motion; a mechanism.
    2. The movement or action of such a device.

v. mo?tioned, mo?tion?ing, mo?tions

v. tr. To direct by making a gesture:
motioned us to our seats.
v. intr. To signal by making a gesture:
motioned to her to enter.
Idiom:

go through the motions
To do something in a mechanical manner indicative of a lack of interest or involvement.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well here is my first attempt. Taken this evening.....it was Broody freezing!

Not the sharpest of photos but I like the effect.

Football1

Posted Image

Same game but a different angle.

Football2

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Just one picture at the moment of movement from me. [:)]

Its a friend of mine Racing a Porsche GT3 around Oulton Park....

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7 days to go folks and I guess this one has got a lot of you stumped! I've got an idea for my entry but I'm in need of some good weather!

·
Registered
504 Posts
7 days to go folks and I guess this one has got a lot of you stumped! I've got an idea for my entry but I'm in need of some good weather!
Tell me about it!! Need some sun - just a bit! pleeeease Mr Weather man!

and I need some time off work to do it and I'm working saturday! hopefuly sunday will be sunny and DRY! or it's off to plan B

....just need a plan B now!

·
Registered
837 Posts
dannyboy - that Scooby picture is fantastic.

Here are my two. First was taken with my Canon S2 IS at the Goodwood FOS 2005. I'd only had the camera a couple of weeks and was pretty pleased with the picture. Bit more familiar with it now so with hindsight would have set the shutter a bit faster. The second picture was with my new Canon Ixus 750 while I was on holiday in Tignes last week. Have been pleasantly surprised by the Ixus - great point and shoot camera with enough manual modes to keep it interesting - and a rather handy "Snow" setting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
righty-o-then

i never entered one of these competioins before, so here goes [:p]

first piccy is me skiing at Christmas

Posted Image

second piccy is one I took when i was watching the British Tarmac rally that was held in Pembrey (South Wales) was a great day out!!!

Posted Image

p.s. i hope the picture sizes are ok (I didnt have a clue how to acurately resize them[:$])

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
dannyboy - that Scooby picture is fantastic.
Cheers mate.

If I was aloud to enter 10 pic's for this motion comp, I could show you the Scooby starting off sideways till it landed up it the gravel. [:D]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts