1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To accompany this month's COTM nominations, you can post pics of your own
car here for a bit of shameless self-promotion (or other people's if
you're feeling generous!) or just if you feel like taking part in the
photo challenge. THIS IS NOT A THEME FOR COTM, IT'S JUST SUPPOSED TO BE A BIT OF FUN!

This month, in a VW Vortex stylee, post any pics of your car looking
'phat'... squat & low's the way to go [:p] And if it aint, be
creative with your angles!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Ok then i nominate my bros car as i just love this pic it really shows the car at its best even so the pics done on a camera phone lol

Posted Image

Sat

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please make any COTM nominations in the February COTM - Nominations open now! thread, this is just a monthly showcase for pics where people can get inspiration for voting

Have I made this too difficult for people? PM me any suggestions for making it easier to understand [:)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sat [:)] It'll be easier next month with just 2 threads (pics
& nominations), I just had to post the new rules today as well

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
cant there just be one thread? pics and nominations in one?

cos to me, this photo thread, is a tad pointless....especially by giving it a theme.....makes people think the COTM has to be a low car.....very confusing......fair enough to have a thread elsewhere (in the photo section) with a car photo theme......but in here its confusing......

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
cant there just be one thread? pics and nominations in one?

cos to me, this photo thread, is a tad pointless....especially by giving it a theme.....makes people think the COTM has to be a low car.....very confusing......fair enough to have a thread elsewhere (in the photo section) with a car photo theme......but in here its confusing......
It's to provide a theme for each month, so we don't have the same cars being nominated. It's also a good way to motivate people to get out there and take some shots of their cars, in turn providing everyone with a bit of variety each month.

Cat has outlined that not every car has to be low, you can have fun with angles and make the car look lower.

Why don't you get some pictures snapped and help with the spirit of things [;)]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
the THREAD idea is a good one.......too right......

however, its VERY confusing when its side by side with the car of the month......

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So maybe next month I'll post it in the Photography forum. Just didn't
want to conflict with vedhead's own photo theme thread and here people
can look in the same forum for inspiration if they're stuck for ideas
on a car to nominate

In the interests of getting things moving, I've always liked the way this photo makes my car look:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I agree, your backside looks great Cat! [;)]

Anyway, this rather easy task, and bit of fun, seems to be too much trouble for some people! Heres a shot of the (now legendary) R-Line GTI, looking "Phat" (as you kids call it), in her final days before being dismantled! [:'(]

Posted Image

·
Registered
446 Posts
My old car slubbent dubbent [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No editing, really was that loooow. Never really managed to get a good ass shot though [:mad:] This summer 4rial

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this a nomination for rear end ...........i came up behind i think nosaj the other night down the A12 london bound

and then he was gone couldn't keep up with him but looks nice from the rear [:)]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts