Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a crock of sh*te!

Where did they find that 'hill billy' for a main charactor?

And nil points for the lamest worse ever plot, ie no plot ever, story line.

Take my advice, and don't rush out to see this one. Should have been a 'video first' IMO!

·
Registered
36 Posts
As with these types of films the main focus is on the cars, and on that note i was quite impressed with the cars, Han's rx7 was the pick of the lot for me.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm hopefully going in the week to take my 6 year old.(as good an excuse as any)[:$]

If he is quite for a couple of hours then its money well spent.[Y]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
how is that a problem... the problem is the films were so rubbish that a lack of continuity and character development dont really matter...[:D]

I wouldn't mind seeing Initail D though even if it is subtitled...

·
Registered
521 Posts
For anyone interested apparently the cars from the fast and furious 3 will be down at brighton this weekend, along with wet t shirt[:)] and other activities, so all the boys with tuned and maxed out japenese cars will probably be down there as well....let us know what you think of the film as i havent seen it yet, im in 2 minds to see it or not..

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Saw it last night, absolutely rubbish, crap actors and the drift scenes got very boring after you`d seen the first one. I didnt expect perfection though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
buy initial d on dvd instead of going to see this, its terrible and the drifting isnt superb, initial d however is brilliant!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If it looks sh|t, sounds sh|t and reviews say its sh|t..... it's probably sh|t!!!

I'll download this one I think! Then I can have the pleasure of doing a Shift+Delete when it sucks ass!!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I liked it! Good for a giggle but don't go if you're expecting intellectual stimulation

The 'romantic' drifting scene was so bad it made me laugh a lot!

And that Touran was flipping awful!!! Great cheesy movie [:p]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
at any point in this film is there a Toyota Corrola RWD featured?!?

U know like the old school 1984 ones?

Its just a saw a trailer for a film with one in, then saw this FNF Tokyo drift one and dont think it was featured, the first one looked better!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just resurrecting an old thread to say that there is a MkV R32 drifting in the special features of the DVD. It's in one of the deleted scenes. Volkswagen supplied it (along with the Touran) before it was available to buy as product placement. Anyone drifted their R then?

Oh, and I have to agree with Cat1.4 about that 'romantic drifting scene', urghh, made my toes curl.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The romantic scene...you mean the one where he's donuting round their GTR and they're eyeing him up and deciding whether to give him their number or not

LOL

I bought the DVD, not having read any reviews (or this thread) and yes what an utter crock of crap it is.

Both the lead actors are total muppets. Bad guy has his head down all the time as if he's gonna head butt something.

The accent of main guy was just a joke. Where did they find him?

And having been to drifting events and got some of the proper DVD's, you do NOT smash yourself into the side window when you initiate a drift like the way they portrayed it in the movie.

Very very bad.

The original FATF still can't be beaten. Actually the 2 sequels makes the original look like Oscar winning material!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
The romantic scene...you mean the one where he's donuting round their GTR and they're eyeing him up and deciding whether to give him their number or not
I don't really remember the dialogue now, it was quite a while ago (and not so memorable [:p]), but it doesn't sound like it... I meant the part where they are drifting down the mountain, might even have been her showing off her skillz

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
No, the one where the main character and the crazy hot female are drifting down the mountain while they discuss deep romantic thoughts. Somehow the RX 8 is silent during the whole 90MPH sideways scene and drifting is something you do while having a meaningful conversation...utter bollocks.

I have to say I didn't mind this one. The first two FATF made me angry and want to kill again, they were by far the worst movies made since the dawn of time (or maybe Magnolia). But, although this one had its fair share of cheese, stupidity, lack of plot and ridiculous ideas (somehow everyone is able to afford 5 ?100k cars each with fully equipped warehouse garages to maintain them) of the three this is the only one I would watch without wanting to throw large objects at the screen. Its a bit like saying I would prefer Smallpox to the Plague, but you get what I mean.

If you hated the first two as much as I did (and I REALLY did) I still think its worth seeing for a laugh...just don't pay.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Somehow the RX 8 is silent during the whole 90MPH sideways scene and drifting is something you do while having a meaningful conversation...utter bollocks.
Lol yeah that was it... hilarious!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts