Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post before I get the tape measure out to see if anyone has the dimensions and possibly a sketch of their false floor?

Gonna be removing the tools & polystyrene from the spare wheel well and popping them elsewhere so I'm thinking about sinking the Sub in there so I keep maximum space.

Anyone done a false floor for their Mk4 and can help us out with a few sizes? Photo's would be good too if available?

Thanks for your time.

In a bit,

Leon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you can use your boot carpet as a template for your false floor.if you stickoflex to bond it down you will not have to drill any holes.

jon

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I take it this is for your R32???

Here is mine m8![:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have just had the sub grill cut in smoked perspex and it looks 100x better[:D]

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very nice install.....

Just a stupid question... have you a spare wheel and if so how do you get to it?

also how deep in the false floor cause the floor on the R32 is not as deep as a normally golf if i stand corrected?

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No spare well Andrew!! as cage says the R32 doesn't have one.

The floor is 1" deep.. The sub is built into the spare wheel well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry guys! Learn something new everyday!

Only asking cause i assumed boot floor was very similar to that of the 4 motion which I have.

Have been looking at redesigning stereo for a while now in order to give me some more boot space.....

false floor seems the way to go.

Cheers anyway

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice one guy's that's exactly what I'm after, nice to see it's already been done, know now I'll have no problems while building it.

Cheers for the info, and that's a cracking install. Just need a decent weekends weather now so I can start mine.

In a bit,

Leon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If someone can host some pics for me, I have mine in development. The Design has been on and off the go for the past 6 months now, doing little bits in between work.

My EFMAX box is built now along with the amp rack, all that?s left is the false floor, which is going to be just over 2" high [:(] I had planned on 1" but just couldn't get enough volume out of it and still fit my 5ch amp in place. I still think its going to be much better than having big separate box in the boot.

I have a 10? IDv2 duel coil sub cone along with a Genesis Series 3 5ch amp, all this is still running from the Stock VW gamma HU and sounds fantastic !

The box creates so much bass it makes your hair dance and the bucket seats vibrate and i'm no bass head[:O]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts