Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Are these a good grippy tyre with a decent life span?

Ive just scrubbed a set of full runs off which were new in may so not overly happy they only lasted 7months....might aswell of bought proxes for that!

Must be 230bhp top capable without major traction loss and be decent in the wet,

Chris

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
In my experience they're certainly grippier than most stuff in the price bracket, and wear reasonably well. Not as well as high end tyres, but relatively well, in comparison to the usual budgets.

They're a bit more average in the wet, but good in the dry.

Put it this way, they are the only tyre I'd be comfortable paying that little for, if you know what I mean!

The sidewall is quite curved aswell, so they've got a bit of psuedo-stretch going on.

Got mine for 60 a corner, 225 40 18s, from Camskill.

If the price has got to be cheap, you can't go far wrong.

·
pauly4226
935 Posts
lol you will only get what you pay for am afraid! had a set of falken 912 on a chipped a3 turbo(215bhp),could not cope,fitted a set of continentals and was good as gold in every respect,but you do pay a premium!.i have a set of falken 452 on a v5 bora,good in the wet,good road holding and little tyre noise.average price is ?75 ea inc vat(well was) btw traction loss is always relative the the right foot!

·
pauly4226
935 Posts
lol, tbh ,i wouldnt even entertain fullrun,nexun,sunny or wosung dark horse all ditch finders imo. for a "budget" tyre i think they will be fine

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
ever heard of that new movie being made?

Death By NanKang2?

They arent sure of who will be starring in it but rumours are itll be Chris. if he buys these tyres

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I heard they are making a sequel too called

Pearl Harbour: The Battle of Ecsta

the plots abit sketchy but something about hard wearing plastic that left the japs sliding everywhere in the dry until it rained and they became unstuck and they all died.

·
Ex-Mk4er not letting go of this forum...
4,088 Posts
452's lasted 5mins on my Golf running 220bhp. Grip was good both wet and dry imo but crap me replacing them every 6months on the front and 12months on the rear got boring quickly.

Luke

·
Registered
373 Posts
ive had uniroyal RainSport2's on all 4 corners before and recommend them. ive got some falken ziex things on the front at the mo as i thought i was gonna sell the car and didnt want to spend too much or buy budget crap like fullrun - which ive had. theyre ok - but not as good as the RS2's in the wet.

blackcircles.co.uk - choose your postcode, and tyre fitment size and bosh, it brings up all your local stores with pricings.

·
Registered
81 Posts
452's, stage2 and water don't mix well,and i'm a 452 fan.
Thats suprising i had them on my 500bhp gtr and i found they performed better in the wet then the dry and werent far of the continentals performance that i had on there before good tyre for the money

·
Registered
373 Posts
Chris, i got circa 22K miles out of the Uniroyals - 90% motorway driving but they certainly were good - i will defo be buying them again for future reference. probably looking at about 200-250 for a pair with fitment i reckon - pending where you are. But they were certainly worth the money. Also good on road noise.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
how do you people drive?

i have nankangs on the golf remapped 200+bhp, the nankangs havent really spun up yet, and its been wet, but i dont drive like a cock,

the khumos are really good, i had them on the leon cupra r remapped, and that got drove hard, they lasted and drove alot better than the michelin pilots

1 - 20 of 23 Posts