Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
registered here a while back when i got a p/x for my car so might as well post up a readers ride thread as iv already started modifying lol.

spent my life on seatcupra.net with my project car - seat leon cupra r;

then as it got more and more expensive to run on petrol, had to duck out and get a golf. got a golf GT TDI PD130 which is not bad;

previous owner had some mods - tints, suspension, rims and these rear blacked out led lights;

first thing i did was debadge the car, and fit my alpine type x sound system in

please excuse the obligatory shisha box. I then got a full detail and valet done by a good family friend to get the paintwork up to scratch;

iv also ordered a set of 6000K HIDs and some LED side lights, then going for some minor touches like a uk-mkivs sticker and uv lights in the footwell.

after than il be looking some more small mods as i dont want to go all out. probably a decat done by a mate at a garage followed by a stage 1 remap. not too into diesel tuning so dont know what else is important besides an uprated clutch.

also considering a gti spoiler to set it off but not too sure about it yet.

if you're still awake, thanks for reading!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)

Spotted a blak mk4 with the same rims as mine but bright orange. Made me think about having a different colour on the rims....something like red or whatever

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wee update.

had a headlight out and waited a month for my HIDs to come through *cough* from china */cough*, and in that time iv lost my triple LED side lights! so need to order another set but i refuse to for now...

heres the car beaming 6000K into the garage

and the sticker (for some reason it comes up orange on the pic, its meant to be red;

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have seen your leon in the flesh a couple of times, it was awsome!

Iif the standard of that was anything to go by this COULD be just as good if you do decide to go to town on it.

Looking good as it is though. General tidy up and its winner. But im sure you already know this.

TRL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers :D

Have seen your leon in the flesh a couple of times, it was awsome!

Iif the standard of that was anything to go by this COULD be just as good if you do decide to go to town on it.

Looking good as it is though. General tidy up and its winner. But im sure you already know this.

TRL
thanks man :) spent a lot of time and effort on that one, i dont think i'll do the same on this mainly because of the mileage and the fact that i'll have the performance car itch soon lol.

this one will probably stay for a really long time as a day to day car so that train of thought could change, im already looking for a set of decent alloys for it lol. my creative juices are flowing :D

btw i love your front grill, might have to steal that idea possibly :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
buckled an alloy on a pot hole, got 4 of these OZ superturismos for the same price of fixing that 1 alloy;

booked it in for a refurb next week and getting the wheels painted matt black

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
very nice and those lights are so bright! always wanted HIDs but never got round to it, might have to now ! [Y]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HIDs are awesome! Top of the list on every car that i get.

Oh and i found my LED sidelights! was in the driver door car space thing lol. So i've stuck them on.

After I get the wheels refurbed I'm going to paint my break calipers red with the left over paint I've got from refurbing my previous cars brembos.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys, got a bargain out of them. wanted to paint them red or something different but i need the job done asap so only had a few choices of colours, yellow, green, silver, black - so I just picked black and booked it in. never been one with a lot of patience lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got my wheels done, better than i expected. just need to paint the
centre caps red and get red OZ racing stickers put back on the rims.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts