Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy who did the ghurka campaign last year or whenever it was, is now spearheading a new fuel duty campaign. Some of you may have seen him on the news recently as he was interviewed by the BBC.

The cost of fuel as we all know no is ridiculous, and just under 60% of it is fuel duty compared to most EU countries at 31%

From having a quick read on the website and facebook page, there is soon to be lots of support mentioning the fairfuel UK all over the tabloids and in other media. Aswell as a protest in London on feb 19th.

All you need to do is sign the petition on the website http://www.fairfueluk.com/documents/petition.html

Hopefully the government will listen and lower the stupid amount of tax they put on the fuel.

Spread the word to all your friends, other car forums, work colleagues etc [:)]

Elliott

Edit: burka changed to ghurka, silly me

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
What burka campaign?

Cant have worked that well, loads of the feckers round here still.

**Disclaimer, the above is a joke, if you are offended, you are uptight, go get laid or something, but please, do not assume I care that it did offend, I assure you, I do not**

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
If the government decrease fuel duty, they WILL increase tax in other areas. As they are making cuts as it stands let alone if they get millions less a week from Fuel.

Will NEVER happen. Even if we boycotted fuel completely, taxes would go up in other areas to make up.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
What burka campaign?

Cant have worked that well, loads of the feckers round here still.

**Disclaimer, the above is a joke, if you are offended, you are uptight, go get laid or something, but please, do not assume I care that it did offend, I assure you, I do not**
how could you say a thing like that, so people on this forum need their head checking..........only playing

in regards to the campaign.....well something need to be done otherwise there will be riots all over britain like the student ones and rightfully so

·
Registered
374 Posts
God there is some thick people on here.

I want them to increase the peiceso all those idiots sget out of my way and I can actually drive my car again without stopping and starting every 5 mins to work.

Do the maths fuel isnt that expensive when you really look at it.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
God there is some thick people on here.

I want them to increase the peiceso all those idiots sget out of my way and I can actually drive my car again without stopping and starting every 5 mins to work.

Do the maths fuel isnt that expensive when you really look at it.
Where you getting your petrol from??

it obviously is expensive otherwise people wouldnt be kicking up stink would they?

but if you feel it aint that expensive then feel free to fill up my tank anytime

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Thing is tax on fuel is per litre so it quickly adds up increase tax on say cigurates by 10p a pack its not as much of a hit as 1p increase on fuel. If you see what I'm trying to say here?
If they put tax up on Booza and **** to compensate it wouldnt matter at all!

**** will kill you and booze creates idiots. (strangely enough, driving can do both of those things)

But to make up the loss of 60% of the price of a L of fuel, tax would have to go up on EVERYTHING, as nothing is bought as much as fuel, think how many 1000's of Litres get bought from just one petrol station a day. Then try and find £1 from everything else bought in the country, nothing can match it.

Its disgusting that the government have to have that much tax comming in to keep the country going, shouldnt be in a situation like this.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thing is tax on fuel is per litre so it quickly adds up increase tax on say cigurates by 10p a pack its not as much of a hit as 1p increase on fuel. If you see what I'm trying to say here?
If they put tax up on Booza and **** to compensate it wouldnt matter at all!

**** will kill you and booze creates idiots. (strangely enough, driving can do both of those things)

But to make up the loss of 60% of the price of a L of fuel, tax would have to go up on EVERYTHING, as nothing is bought as much as fuel, think how many 1000's of Litres get bought from just one petrol station a day. Then try and find £1 from everything else bought in the country, nothing can match it.

Its disgusting that the government have to have that much tax comming in to keep the country going, shouldnt be in a situation like this.
I agree, if we left the EU we'd save about £48m a year and also if actually stopped letting everyone in to this country and giving them a house and money, we probably wouldn't be in this situation.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
and to add to it, we give money in aid work to countires that 'need it' when we're facing finanical ruin, off topic now i know
TBH,nothing worng with giving aid to other countries in disaster situations eg hatti.

The uk raised millions for aid...............but a year later there is still diesease and people dying from what happen. basically all the money we send as aid for those who need it aint getting it. all gets pocketed by some effers pocket instead of those who really need it.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
What they need to do is stop benefits. Completely. Why am I paying for some slapper with 15 kids and 16 different dads living in a nice WARM house where they have to pay sweet FA...
good point

unless they have a REAL disabilty(non of these fools saying they cant walk, next week you see them running up and down a field) then it should be stopped. if i can get up and go work everyday then they she get off the azz and do the same

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Giving money to other countries as AID is good, however I think we are giving far too much money away considering how poor how economic situation is.

And yeah benefits need to be reworked, my best mate was kicked out few years ago, long story short, his mum is a douche, anyway he was still at college then with me, so obviously benefits helped him then. It took him a while to find a job but he got one in the end, just a basic one working in a clothes shop. He now makes less money working than he would if he was on the dole. Surely that should be the other way round? [8-|]

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
What they need to do is stop benefits. Completely. Why am I paying for some slapper with 15 kids and 16 different dads living in a nice WARM house where they have to pay sweet FA...
This i agree with 100% i think there should be a system in place where if a single mum cannot afford a kid then she should not be allowed to go through with the pregnancy.. there is a safe net in thinking aaahhh the child benefits will pay for it and hay ho.. ill even get a flat. THATS WRONG.. but what i dont mind is people who come into this country and need a helping hand to get them started i.e. ONLY IF THEY WORK.. and only for a certain period of time.. NOT for life.. and if in that time they havnt been succesful then be deported..

BUT the single mum with 2123132 babys is what really pisses me off.. I get taxed a silly amount of money each month and i dont see much improvement in the countrys financial state.. OR ITS ROADS for that matter.. keeping it on topic..

Rant over..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts