Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
As always mate your styling is very different and full marks for being one of the more unique members on the forum.

Having said that I am not a fan of the front end or the sideskirts but the rear end is class!!

You go any more pics of the rear ened? I love a flushed tailgate!!

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As always mate your styling is very different and full marks for being one of the more unique members on the forum.

Having said that I am not a fan of the front end or the sideskirts but the rear end is class!!

You go any more pics of the rear ened? I love a flushed tailgate!!
Yo thanx man, it means a lot to me to hear something like that over the usual "You are nutts"..lol

I'm planning on getting more pics over the weekend, i'll make sure i post them asap.

thanx for all the comments so far guys, much appreciated

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice to see something different [;)]

Constructive critisism if I may?

Starting at the back: Lovely and smooth. However I don't think the rear wiper suits: It's too fussy in comparision to the smooth clean look you've acheived. I'd use a Fabia wiper - nice simple design and will keep with the theme.

Wing Mirrors: I'd colour code them. It would give definition to the edges of your car and make it appear wider from the front - greatly increasing the agreesive look.

Bad Boy - I'd blend it in.

Wheels: Mmm...not a big fan - whilst very nice they seem a little fussy and out of place on such an agressive and smooth transformation.

But top marks for originality!

(All IMHO of course)

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...I'd use a Fabia wiper - nice simple design and will keep with the theme.

Wing Mirrors: I'd colour code them. It would give definition to the edges of your car and make it appear wider from the front - greatly increasing the agreesive look.

Bad Boy - I'd blend it in.

Wheels: Mmm...not a big fan - whilst very nice they seem a little fussy and out of place on such an agressive and smooth transformation.

But top marks for originality!

(All IMHO of course)
Hi mate, thanx for all the ideas. I agree with you on the side mirror and bad boy (they are both next on the list) and to a certain extent the wheels. I never thought about changing the rear wiper to the fabia but come to think of it, you've got a point.

Btw, before i got my car i've been looking at your site and seeing what you've done to your car, in fact i've got a pic of my car parked next to yours at AMD (phone quality pics) and I got to tell you mate you've got a hell of a car, something i'm aiming towards but still got a some way to go.

thanx again for the comments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The rear looks lovely, but the front and sides are not my cup of tea. The strange thing is, the rear end looks kind of mis-matched to the rest of the car. Good attempt at being different though!  

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Top marks for originality mate [Y]

Love the rear end, reckon your mesh would look better in black though?

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Top marks for originality mate [Y]

Love the rear end, reckon your mesh would look better in black though?
thanx, I origionally wanted to have it black but this mesh came as standard so thought i'll try them first before buying the black ones, i couldn't imagine which would look better so thought i'll try both.

EstorilBlue I get what you mean about the rear not matching the rest but that's the look i'm after, i want the rear to look stationary while the rest looks like it's being stretched forwards. I'm hoping a future airbrush job will do justice to the look i'm after.

Thanx for the comments so far guys, please keep them coming.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
the rear of the car looks mint...love it...sides and front aint too keen on...tooo many sharpe points for it to go with the golf head lamps and standard bodywork...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
That's looking hard as nails. I bet those wheels are a nightmare to clean - I'd personally go with Oettinger REs, look less fussy but still hint at sporting aggression. I can see the direction you're taking with this. I'm not a huge fan of the totally colour-coded look as it can make a car look bland and plasticky. It's the quality of the finish on individual details that makes the car. So, good thinking on the mirrors, but, is it just me or do they have a somewhat matt finish? I'd suggest a super high gloss black, on the mirror housings as well as the plastic mirror base on the door (what is the proper name for that, the triangular bit near the A-pillar?).

A dash of tyre dressing would help keep up the overall appearance as well [Y]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Love that rear it looks phat! Dont change it....

Black mesh in the front IMO would look better than the silver, especially as your car is already silver. I think it would look tidier with the black.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's looking hard as nails. I bet those wheels are a nightmare to clean - I'd personally go with Oettinger REs, look less fussy but still hint at sporting aggression. I can see the direction you're taking with this. I'm not a huge fan of the totally colour-coded look as it can make a car look bland and plasticky. It's the quality of the finish on individual details that makes the car. So, good thinking on the mirrors, but, is it just me or do they have a somewhat matt finish? I'd suggest a super high gloss black, on the mirror housings as well as the plastic mirror base on the door (what is the proper name for that, the triangular bit near the A-pillar?).

A dash of tyre dressing would help keep up the overall appearance as well [Y]
Hey man, thanx for the comments. I haven't painted the mirrors yet so yeah, they've got a bit of a matt finish... it's on my to-do list. I think the name for the mirror bit is mirror base plate. What do you mean by tyre dessing? if you mean changing the tyres, I already have to Avon ZZ3 but i'm thinking of going for the Toyo Proxi T1R (i think). I also need to put spacers on the front wheels, i've got 20mm on the rear and nothing ont he front.. a bit odd. You're right about the wheels btw, they ARE hell to clean.. I also need to raise the ride height from the front a bit since the car is silly low now... thank god i went for the adujstable konis (phew)

thanx guys for the comments, please keep em coming :)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
What do you mean by tyre dessing?
Just tyre gel, to give them that new, dark, satin or glossy showroom look [:)] At the moment they look dull and faded, which is a slight let-down in the context of the effort you have put into the rest of the car's appearance. I use Car Plan's Tyre Slik from Halfords, good stuff. I'm sure others will have their recommendations, too.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What do you mean by tyre dessing?
Just tyre gel, to give them that new, dark, satin or glossy showroom look [:)] At the moment they look dull and faded, which is a slight let-down in the context of the effort you have put into the rest of the car's appearance. I use Car Plan's Tyre Slik from Halfords, good stuff. I'm sure others will have their recommendations, too.
yeah I get you, when I took those pics the car was not cleaner at all.... I haven't had any time to clean the car myself and take some nice pics but I took it to the car wash this weekend and here are a few pics, i still want to take better pics of it once i've cleaned it but i'm gonna be out of town for a week and so wont be near it :-(

Anyway, hope you like these pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(The wheels are starting to look a bit small, aren't they?)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
After seeing MikeTDI's smooth rear (you know what I mean!!) yesterday, I think it looks much better with the rear wiper off.
Have you considered that?

Im unsure with the front bumper and skirts but fair play to you, you're not put off with negative comments.
Good job [Y]

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After seeing MikeTDI's smooth rear (you know what I mean!!) yesterday, I think it looks much better with the rear wiper off.
Have you considered that?

Im unsure with the front bumper and skirts but fair play to you, you're not put off with negative comments.
Good job [Y]
I have thought about removing the rear wiper but i use it quite a lot especially with the rear window tinted... still playin with the idea though

·
Registered
614 Posts
There is only one way for me with any mods that is standard or oem parts and not the fibreglass way or the polly resin but thats only me " I MUST BE GETING OLD"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts