Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw a VRS on AT and was also on ebay for sale...

The ad said Jabba had worked on it and achived 200 bhp and 362 lbs torque, is this really achievable?!?

I always thought the 130's went to about 170/180 brake with about 310 lbs torque at the most!

This thing must be incredible with that sort of power

Anyone know?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Dream on i'd say!!
Stock clutch with 362lbs [:D]

Saw quite a few Fabia vRS' at a Briskoda RR day that had come with Jabba maps. Not one person went away happy after comparing their results to results obtained on Jabba's rollers.

"This car was bought brand new in May 2005, it was imediately taken to
Jabba Sport in Peterborough (organised by Main Dealer) where it was
professionally tuned on a rolling road to the sum of 200BHP and 362
lbs/ft Torque! The car was then taken back to Skoda for them to
approve the work."

Sounds like just a remap......

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, lol

also dont they recomend u get some miles on the car before chipping etc...

It does look a very nice example tho, must give it that, very tastefully done

I think I will deffo go for one in silver tho!

·
Registered
861 Posts
my mate has a vrs pd130 (std) and ive had a good look under the bonnet. the pump duse is a good bit bigger. whether its got anything to do with i cant comment. torquetronix, ballamena regularly gets 190bhp 315+lbs(edited, i did say 330 but im told by davy that he has only had a couple achieving 330)  from the fab vrs. the car is really light too. i wont be to keep to try them off the lights :(

·
Registered
990 Posts
torquetronix, ballamena regularly gets 190bhp 330lbs from the fab vrs. the car is really light too. i wont be to keep to try them off the lights :(
Pure Hollywood mate.

They must have the same dyno as Jabba then[:p]

Let's be honest to get 330lbs/ft of torque you'll need a lot more than 190bhp and just a remap. Reflex TDI has a 150pd anni with a stage 2 TD hybrid, custom FMIC, custom map and higher flow injectors and I think it produces a similar torque figure to the nonsense you quoted.

·
Registered
861 Posts
torquetronix, ballamena regularly gets 190bhp 330lbs from the fab vrs. the car is really light too. i wont be to keep to try them off the lights :(
Pure Hollywood mate.

They must have the same dyno as Jabba then[:p]

Let's be honest to get 330lbs/ft of torque you'll need a lot more than 190bhp and just a remap. Reflex TDI has a 150pd anni with a stage 2 TD hybrid, custom FMIC, custom map and higher flow injectors and I think it produces a similar torque figure to the nonsense you quoted.
wake up and smell the coffee chum, there are quite a few 130 owners on here with 300+ lbs of torque. if the 330 is hollywood whats the vrs @ 362 lbs ? Bollywood perhaps.

your possibly envious that your tuner (if your car is modified) looked at you thinking you would probably put it into a field and has put on an old generic map on your car. [cry]

ive been to some independant shows in the past year and ive met several blokes with 130pd with 330+ lbs with standard parts. Reflex TDI is just one example, I think Micky32 has a similar setup and has way more power (chippeduk ireland remap).

i am not saying all 130's achieve this but ive met loads of people 'claiming' this figures and im sure not all are telling fibs.

Dry your eyes

ps, im sure there are loads of spoofers out there and i dont dispute this at all but i have seen enough to make me believe these figures are correct +/- 10% lol

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Jabba are always able to produce these sort of results from simple remaps. They really must know their stuff.
They REALLY know their onions, & their eggs too.......... and who's to say they don't know more?

Probably the most accurate rolling road in the world.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I do not think for a sec that 362 lbs/ft is achievable from just a remap, I doubt as too wether 200 BHP was either. I have a similar setup to MICK32 ie Hybrid, FMIC, uprated everything + my car was tuned by the Portuguese chap that tunes the racing diesels for VW. I have 211 Bhp and 355 lbs/ft of torque (4 different RR's). I think you need to ring up some companies and ask the question but I very much doubt you will get the answer you like. As for Jabbas rollers i have heard of stock 130PD getting 167 Bhp and a stock 75ps get 101bhp. Go figure!

Not meaning to sound like i am having a go but if spending the best part £400 - £500 on a remap gets you more torque than £6K ish then i will eat my tyres.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Jabba are always able to produce these sort of results from simple remaps. They really must know their stuff.
They REALLY know their onions, & their eggs too.......... and who's to say they don't know more?

Probably the most accurate rolling road in the world.
Certainly their customers can all be confident that they have the most powerful remapped cars on the road.

·
Registered
990 Posts
wake up and smell the coffee chum, there are quite a few 130 owners on here with 300+ lbs of torque. if the 330 is hollywood whats the vrs @ 362 lbs ? Bollywood perhaps.

your possibly envious that your tuner (if your car is modified) looked at you thinking you would probably put it into a field and has put on an old generic map on your car. [cry]

ive been to some independant shows in the past year and ive met several blokes with 130pd with 330+ lbs with standard parts. Reflex TDI is just one example, I think Micky32 has a similar setup and has way more power (chippeduk ireland remap).

i am not saying all 130's achieve this but ive met loads of people 'claiming' this figures and im sure not all are telling fibs.

Dry your eyes

ps, im sure there are loads of spoofers out there and i dont dispute this at all but i have seen enough to make me believe these figures are correct +/- 10% lol
pmsl.

My car is modified, and by a very respected tuner, and it also has a custom map. When the map was done the car was in the workshop for a whole afternoon being fine tuned.

How about I arrange a dyno day with Dastek, you bring your "chums" with their mega torque diesels, and we'll see how close to those figures they get. I think you'll be eating your words.

Just so you're aware, I have had my car on one dyno which produced 340lbs/ft and I nearly hit the ground peeing myself. It wasn't in Ireland but it should have been judging by the blarney that you regularly spout about what is possible over there.

·
Registered
861 Posts
a whole afternoon in the workshop ? wow thats impressive [:$]

i really like your confidence. how about i get my mate to bring his pd130 @ 240 @ 360+lbs over (northern ireland rolling roads). im sure i could persuade him if you made it worth his while [:D] it would be fair to say its had a few hardware mods. id actually like to see for myself. does anyone know any rolling roads in scotland ? I would be easy for us to get the ferry accross and have a relatively short journey.

what is it that your saying exactly ? that the pd130 cant achieve over 300lbs with just a remap ? Im sure i could arrange some 'chums' with remapped 130's to come over some weekend to find out if its really only the freshness of the air causing these high results.

that blarney your talking about is actually from another country, i live in northern ireland mate (different country altogether) , mickeys the one with the blarney [Y]

1 - 20 of 91 Posts