Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think they will make a difference??

Qualfying might be more exciting to watch now??

New rear wing for 2007 looks a bit dodgy though Clicky click on the picture for an exploded veiw

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

New rear wing for 2007 looks a bit dodgy though Clicky click on the picture for an exploded veiw
That wing looks atrocious ! why not just cut the downforce underneath the car or make the wings a lot less effective without making them look daft and then it might be better for overtaking..

·
Registered
895 Posts
Oh no, we are hearing this again, "giving values to spectators"...etc personally I don't believe a word they say and to be honest, it won't make much difference racing wise as we all know, manufacturers/teams will ALWAYS find ways to bypass these new regulations/rules. Look at the past 2005 and the low downforce setup, did it really slow everything down dramatically as first promised? Did it really make racing any safer? Did it make it more exciting for spectators to watch?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
how about they use 2.0 turbocharged engines, 4 wheel drive cars, put
the track in a forest and call it rallying so we can enjoyit?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think they should create a racing series which is the total opposite. All gadgets are allowed but teams each have a restricted budget. Therefore they can either have an excellent driver but less money for the car or they can have an average driver but a car with all the whistles and bells.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

New rear wing for 2007 looks a bit dodgy though
Clicky click on the
picture for an exploded veiw
Those rear wings look bizarre, but if it means more space for sponsors logos the teams will love it

Female F1 Driver?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just cannot see that happening!
Why not?!

I saw an interview with her and she said, its not about strength
anymore, its just about endurance. The cars are so easy to drive now
that it prob doesn't make any difference. Technically, where she is
driving at the moment, must be more hard work because they have to
change gear which involves taking a hand of the steering wheel and i
think a conventional clutch.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got to agree there, if she is quick enough I dont see a problem.

She has done quite well racing in America & has won a few races this year.

Look at Danica Patrik racing in the IRL, 230mph wheel to wheel racing & she nearly won the Indy 500 aswell[Y]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
How can we have one women driver, and the other 20 are blokes?? Dont think so!
Eh?? Unless I am picking up that statement wrong[:cool:] that sounds a bit sexist
Uhh, and how is that sexist? [^o)]

What i am saying is that i cannot see just one women entering F1 on her own, there would have to be many of them.

And most of the teams already have drivers for the next 1, if not 2 years, so there simply isnt enough space.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[

What i am saying is that i cannot see just one women entering F1 on her own, there would have to be many of them.
What does it matter if she is the only 1??

Its is just a test to she how she fairs, it is to see about a drive in 2007 I think

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
As long as she's as quick as the rest, who cares eh, they all look the same with crash helmets on ! just need a bit of extra length on her shoulder belts hehe.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Female or not, F1 drivers should be judged on their merits and capabilities, not on their lunch box or chest rack.

Good luck to the lass if she gets in to F1.

Intersting about what is said about her capabilities above, but from what I have read and heard, she is not all that and if she gets in, will most likely make much of an impact or challenge never mind challenge the leaders. I would love to see her come in and clean up nonetheless, but see 2 things in her way;

1) Schumacher

2) Valentino Rossi when he makes an entrance to F1 [:D]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Female or not, F1 drivers should be judged on their merits and capabilities, not on their lunch box or chest rack.

1) Schumacher

2) Valentino Rossi when he makes an entrance to F1 [:D]
I honestly believe that I doubt we will see Shoemaker win another world title

But I agree with you on the Rossi front, he has cleaned up so much in Moto GP he will get bored eventually

·
Registered
670 Posts
Vedhead - someone get the man a beer for his smart thinking

re: wings - they look turd

re: bird - good luck to her, no reason she cant compete. there is only 1 woman golfer in the mens (plus they should pour extra champagne over her to make her suit wet so all us chauvinistic men can get an eyeful - joke

re: schumaker - he has one left in him i think

re: rossi - will be very interesting! I hope its not another Micheal Jordon scenario though

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I think Schumy will come good again. But I think his days of total domination are past. Rossi is a real racer and it will be good to see him work some magic in to F1 if he moves in that direction..... 

1 - 20 of 20 Posts