Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question for all the F1 fans, with one race to go, and 10 points difference at the top; is it possible to have a draw? i.e. Shoemaker and Alonso are both champions?  or do they look at who has won the most races in the season?   And who is waiting for some underhand tatics from the shoemaker ala 94 when he took Hill out...

·
Registered
440 Posts
If Schumacher wins and Alonso fails to finish, then Schumacher wins having won more Grand Prix.

Highly unlikely but then no-one thought that a Ferrari would blow up in Japan.

It wouldn't benefit Schumacher to take out Alonso if he damaged his own car but Massa could [;)]

I have also heard that the Renaults are too blue and may be docked ten places on the grid.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also heard that the Renaults are too blue and may be docked ten places on the grid.
ha ha ha quality... I will be gutted if Shoemaker wins... i really dislike him

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I think Alonso will be keeping out of trouble - especially away from Massa!!

I was hoping that Shu would be say a point behind going into this race and Alonso taking him out - just to give him a taste of his own medicine - never mind

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Alonso will be keeping out of trouble - especially away from Massa!!

I was hoping that Shu would be say a point behind going into this race and Alonso taking him out - just to give him a taste of his own medicine - never mind
That would be comedy

·
Registered
837 Posts
Have to agree with Gti Fly on this one. As much as I have detested Schumacher throughout his entire career, he is simply the best driver around. Yeah, sure, he's had a couple of dirty points, but then what great F1 Champions haven't? Prost, Senna, Mansell - they weren't clean. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really hope that a miracle happens and he wins the Championship. The man deserves to go out on a high.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I would love to see shumacher win in Brazil even if he does not win the world championship, Rain would be a fitting end to the season, I was gutted when Schumacher's engine blew but alonso has had his fair share too .

Jay

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think a win would be a fitting reminder of his great carreer. Granted, he is a fantastic driver, but I don't view him as a sportsman. In China, he didn't even look at Alonso until Alonso went and shook his hand. There's not enough of this in F1 today. I reckon nearly every driver of the cars in 50's and 60's, and some in the 70's and possibly 80's did this.

He is just a brat, and throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get what he wants. The reason he went and shook every team member at Ferrari's hand was cos he knew that every camera in Japan was pointing at him, and he wants to be remembered as a legend. If he was going another season, he'd have f***ed off and come back on monday being freindly etc - but just to get the best for him. If that means the best for Ferrari comes with it then that's a bonus.

I hope that Alonso wins the Championship, cos I think he's deserved it. Ferrari only came back later in the season with help from the FIA regarding the mass-damper ban (surprise surprise) and Alonso's penalty for blocking Massa (though ultimately insignificant - though did he turn the revs up to make up places??). I think the FIA go to Ferrari and say " if we banned such and such how bad would you be affected?" and depending on the answer, depends on if they ban it. Flexi wings?? Oh look they're suddenly legal!

Sad as it seems, I can see Massa taking out Alonso and Shuey winning, and if they want to do it, I say go right ahead! It'll mean that Ferrari and Schumacher are forever remembered for doing anything to win, ethical or not. However much Schumacher wants to win the Championship I don't think he will stoop this low.

What I would do is try my best to win, and then go and be the first to congratulate Alonso on a well fought title fight, and take the opportunities to be remembered like a sportsman. Maybe that will change some people's views of him.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Have to agree with Gti Fly on this one. As much as I have detested Schumacher throughout his entire career, he is simply the best driver around. Yeah, sure, he's had a couple of dirty points, but then what great F1 Champions haven't? Prost, Senna, Mansell - they weren't clean. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really hope that a miracle happens and he wins the Championship. The man deserves to go out on a high.
You know, you're quite right.

Flawed genius maybe, but definitely genius. It's a shame the situation isn't more even, it would have been great to see a proper one off race for the championship in Brazil, all things being equal, Schumacher would always beat Alonso, even at 36. As Martin said on Sunday though, I bet Schumy regrets parking his car at Monaco!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
He is just a brat, and throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get what he wants. The reason he went and shook every team member at Ferrari's hand was cos he knew that every camera in Japan was pointing at him, and he wants to be remembered as a legend. If he was going another season, he'd have f***ed off and come back on monday being freindly etc - but just to get the best for him. If that means the best for Ferrari comes with it then that's a bonus.

What I would do is try my best to win, and then go and be the first to congratulate Alonso on a well fought title fight, and take the opportunities to be remembered like a sportsman. Maybe that will change some people's views of him.
And Alonso is an even tempered showman who always has time for the cameras and his team, I suppose. His pit radio, and his comments about Renault would suggest otherwise.

Your second paragraph explains why you and I dream, while those two are out there doing it!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I really hope Schu wins at Brazil, he deserves to end his career like that. IMO he deserves the title more than Alonso this year.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Can't wait for this. You can guarantee with modern F1 being how it is there will be some underhand tactics on the cards.

My prediction, 1st lap, Grid is Alonso 1, Massa 2 and Schu 3. Massa gets a radio message from Todt. Drive straight at him in the first corner. Both collide and end up off. Schu goes on to win. Controversy goes mad. Renault storm the Ferrari paddock and engage in some WWF stylee fighting. [:D]

Reality? Alonso will win the championship and Schu will fail to see out his career on a high...

Shame

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't wait for this. You can guarantee with modern F1 being how it is there will be some underhand tactics on the cards.

My prediction, 1st lap, Grid is Alonso 1, Massa 2 and Schu 3. Massa gets a radio message from Todt. Drive straight at him in the first corner. Both collide and end up off. Schu goes on to win. Controversy goes mad. Renault storm the Ferrari paddock and engage in some WWF stylee fighting. [:D]
LOL I would pay to see that!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I really hope Schu wins at Brazil, he deserves to end his career like that. IMO he deserves the title more than Alonso this year.
I agree. I know there is only the slightest of chances but I would love to see him take an 8th Championship.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I disagree. I don't think he deserves to end his carreer winning the Championship. It will go down as the one where the FIA helped him come beck from 25 points down against an unstoppable car - until they took away the mass dampers that is! He may deserve to finish with a win, befitting his great victory record, but not take the championship IMO.

He's been a cheat from his first championship winning season. It's just certain season's he's not been threatened enough to warrant anything. Driving for four races with secret launch and traction control, leaving Senna at a loss to explain why he kicked ass in Quali, but lost the races. Driving Hill off, driving Villeneuve off, parking his car at Rascasse...

I'm sorry, but as great a technical ability as he had/has, he's no great sportsman. Yes his records will stand for a long time, but all I'll remember him for is the cheating, and the records will probably come into the conversation.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Most of that is true. However as has been said many a time lately Schu is a flawed talent, but an awesome one nonetheless. His car control, tactics, race craft, overtaking ability etc are all amazing. He is the master of what he does, possibly the world's finest driver of any kind. And who says anyone successful in sport has ever been a great sportsman? He is not a cheat, is ruthless, aggressive in the car when he feels necessary, and no is probably not a great sportsman, but to call him a cheat is OTT in my opinion. Besides, sport and particularly F1 needs aggressive competitors like him, because its great to watch. Most of them are too sensible.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most of that is true. However as has been said many a time lately Schu is a flawed talent, but an awesome one nonetheless. His car control, tactics, race craft, overtaking ability etc are all amazing. He is the master of what he does, possibly the world's finest driver of any kind. And who says anyone successful in sport has ever been a great sportsman? He is not a cheat, is ruthless, aggressive in the car when he feels necessary, and no is probably not a great sportsman, but to call him a cheat is OTT in my opinion. Besides, sport and particularly F1 needs aggressive competitors like him, because its great to watch. Most of them are too sensible.
I dont think that anyone could ever argue and win the fact that he is without a doubt one of the best drivers ever but, he is definitely a cheat what he did to Hill cannot be considered anything but cheating, it was more than aggressive tactics.. F1 does suck, as far as car motorsport goes, my favourites in order of excitment are:

1: Rallying 2:Touring Cars 3:F1

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hes not a cheat! Its racing! and anyone with an inckling of inside knowledge would agree! They all do it! Even Murry Walker says that Schu is one of the nicest guys on the track!

Lets be honest even something as boring as Eastenders is bought above a frontal labotomy status with the likes of Nasty Nick, Dirty Den or those two bald fellas... the brothers...oh you know anyway... where would F1 be without Schu?! pretty dam boring!

Go Schuie!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts