Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tickets for the British GP, stopping for the whole weekend.

the saturday will be cool - got the qualifiying - then first game for the world cup !!

Any members going ??

Never been to the F1 before, just wondering if there is any bars or somewhere i can watch the game at 5pm ??

Panni.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I'm going too ! Had an ace weekend last year. Great weather too.. lets hope it's the same this year !

I'm staying with the gf's cousin about 20 mins away tho.. woohoo.. so can have a layin in the morning [:)]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Silverstone complaining that tickets arent selling out....

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/060524100937.shtml

"Clashing with the world cup and an earlier date than usual, the British GP is not expected to sell out".

No, its because the tickets are soo f-ing expensive.[8o|]
but not too bad value for the whole weekend.
Yeah but its ?100 minimum to get in. Thats not on. Admittedly yes it is good value for the whole weekend, but what if you only want to go for one day. They should have race day only tickets for say ?40-50.

And what about these stupid bronze ones, now you have to pay a load extra to go and view from luffield or copse, which are by far the best places to watch, and anywhere else on the circuit is such a mission to get to. And these just get you onto the spectator banking, which will be overcrowded anyway.

Sadly this is why i am not going this year.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
[:D]
Got my tickets for the British GP, stopping for the whole weekend.

the saturday will be cool - got the qualifiying - then first game for the world cup !!

Any members going ??

Never been to the F1 before, just wondering if there is any bars or somewhere i can watch the game at 5pm ??

Panni.
Mate, if your camping then you wont need a bar.Just take loads of tinnies amd join one of the barbies. Its like glastonbury in some of them camping fields.

The last time i went,we were driving down the road between the camping fields and the main entrence looking for a spot to set up in.It was quiet full in most of the fields and the parties were in full swing when we found a field,nearly in the middle of all the camping fields,with hardley any tents in.

We didnt stop to wonder why it was mostly empty,and set up camp and went and partied with a bunch of nutters.

Next morning ,very earley , the first hellicopter came right over our tent,then another,and another.I think there landing about 1 a minute,with the rest just hovering around waighting to land.

I thought i was back in "nam"

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Won't be going to the GP - but will be down the boozer in Silverstone on the Friday night - good atmosphere!

Apparently they are wheeling in the Big Screens for the world cup

Also - one year I went up there and some rich dude had a LCD Projector - full bose sound system projecting TV from his winnibago onto the side of his white awning

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Silverstone complaining that tickets arent selling out....

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/060524100937.shtml

"Clashing with the world cup and an earlier date than usual, the British GP is not expected to sell out".

No, its because the tickets are soo f-ing expensive.[8o|]
but not too bad value for the whole weekend.
Yeah but its ?100 minimum to get in. Thats not on. Admittedly yes it is good value for the whole weekend, but what if you only want to go for one day. They should have race day only tickets for say ?40-50.

And what about these stupid bronze ones, now you have to pay a load extra to go and view from luffield or copse, which are by far the best places to watch, and anywhere else on the circuit is such a mission to get to. And these just get you onto the spectator banking, which will be overcrowded anyway.

Sadly this is why i am not going this year.
I agree with you about the day tickets.. they should be cheaper. Yeah, well that's the price you have to pay for watching in one of the very best spots on the circuit. There are plenty of other good spots. The end of hangar / entrance to stowe or club.. or abbey. I'll be at becketts again ! :)

They are not a mission you big girl.. you wanna try walking round spa, mate ! Now that is tiring being very hilly and very long.. 4.5 miles I think.

In fact, get a red eye coach with page and moy or similar to spa for the gp.. the tickets there are cheaper and I think the trip is ?90, leave saturday night, get back early morning monday. The best circuit on the calendar.. though not this year ! [:(]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I agree with you about the day tickets.. they should be cheaper. Yeah, well that's the price you have to pay for watching in one of the very best spots on the circuit. There are plenty of other good spots. The end of hangar / entrance to stowe or club.. or abbey. I'll be at becketts again ! :)

They are not a mission you big girl.. you wanna try walking round spa, mate ! Now that is tiring being very hilly and very long.. 4.5 miles I think.

In fact, get a red eye coach with page and moy or similar to spa for the gp.. the tickets there are cheaper and I think the trip is ?90, leave saturday night, get back early morning monday. The best circuit on the calendar.. though not this year ! [:(]
I agree, Spa is an awesome circuit, but it just doesnt have the atmosphere of the British GP, quite why we still have circuits like Hungary and Spain which are dull as ditchwater, and spa is left off, is a disgrace. I love Silverstone though, its a superb circuit and last year the atmosphere was cool. Apart from Monaco, Silverstone is the only race i actually want to go to.

I went to the bit approaching Becketts last year and the fence meant you couldnt see the track into the distance. IMO the slow corners, luffield and the complex are best because you see the cars for longer and there is more chance of spins/crashes. Copse is good because its an amazing corner, flat out i hear this year, and obviously you can see the pitlane, start finish straight.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

I agree, Spa is an awesome circuit, but it just doesnt have the atmosphere of the British GP, quite why we still have circuits like Hungary and Spain which are dull as ditchwater, and spa is left off, is a disgrace. I love Silverstone though, its a superb circuit and last year the atmosphere was cool. Apart from Monaco, Silverstone is the only race i actually want to go to.

I went to the bit approaching Becketts last year and the fence meant you couldnt see the track into the distance. IMO the slow corners, luffield and the complex are best because you see the cars for longer and there is more chance of spins/crashes. Copse is good because its an amazing corner, flat out i hear this year, and obviously you can see the pitlane, start finish straight.
Maybe.. but the atmosphere created by the cars in that stunning scenery is somethin else ! Agree the atmosphere at silverstone is good. Monza is a good track, parabolica is an awesome corner ! Must do monaco sometime soon. So close and awesome noise. No room for error there.

Silverstone, Spa, Monaco, Monza, Suzuka (130R is one of the best corners on the calendar, imo).

Yeah, Spain is worse than Hungary tho, but not by much. The new 'ring isn't all that either, tbh.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm going probably all 3 days although I haven't got anywhere to stay yet.

Possibly on a friends Narrow Boat on the Saturday Night, which I think is currently moored in Stratford.

We are seated in the Becketts Grandstand and the deal that my Ex-Mrs arranged for me (works for a Honda sponsor) is for Weekend tickets and we get a Goddies Bag and packed lunch on Race Day.

Looking forward to it now, although my Honda Team shirt and cap hasn't arrived yet.

Mind going on JB's performance this weekend, perhaps I'll wear my Mc-Laren Team shirt.

·
Registered
438 Posts
As much as I love F1 and I love silverstone, I cant justify spending the 200 quid for the seats I'd want on one day. Not when I could spend 15 quid and go watch British GT/F3. Maybe next year when Ill be living 1/2 hour away I will, but until then im going to look into going on a budget trip to one of the lesser euro GPs.

Peter

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I'm going probably all 3 days although I haven't got anywhere to stay yet.

Possibly on a friends Narrow Boat on the Saturday Night, which I think is currently moored in Stratford.

We are seated in the Becketts Grandstand and the deal that my Ex-Mrs arranged for me (works for a Honda sponsor) is for Weekend tickets and we get a Goddies Bag and packed lunch on Race Day.

Looking forward to it now, although my Honda Team shirt and cap hasn't arrived yet.

Mind going on JB's performance this weekend, perhaps I'll wear my Mc-Laren Team shirt.
Stafford is a bit of a trip to silverstone ! heh. Cool with the weekend tickets, not bad at all ! I'll be in the becketts terracing, so look out for me in my forum hoodie (in black !)

In fact i'll pm you my mobile number, maybe I can come over and say hi as I never really spoke to you at the mega meet last august.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Stafford is a bit of a trip to silverstone ! heh. Cool with the weekend tickets, not bad at all ! I'll be in the becketts terracing, so look out for me in my forum hoodie (in black !)

In fact i'll pm you my mobile number, maybe I can come over and say hi as I never really spoke to you at the mega meet last august.
PM away.

Know what you mean about Stratford, but it is still closer that Southampton [:D]

1 - 20 of 50 Posts