Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clicky

Look wheels have gone, xenons, recaors and not konigs, even the brakes are wrong.... and who the flip is going to pay 14k for it

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yer seen this one, whats more dodgy is that that plate does not exist on the database!

EDIT: Ahhhh! That explains it, comes from the wirral! [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even the vents and steering wheel is wrong.... I am going to ring tommorrow and offer £8000 as its obviously a poorly repaired write off

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Your nuts if you buy that, I wouldnt go anywhere near it. It must have been a big crash for all them things not to be right.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys ... Sarcasm!!!!

I would buy it so long as it hadnt been crashed... stolen recovereds are often a good buy so long as they havent been crashed.. many cars are stripped on the drive where they stand...

If you could buy an R32 (not necasarily this one) at half list price that had a full history, low mileage, BUT someone had knicked the wheels and interior whilst on someones drive, and you know you can buy the bits for just a few grand.. that could be an R32 for less than 10k

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Lol you beat me to it Andy, think I'll ring up about this tomorrow and just give the guy sh*t lol

Gearknob, gaitor, ally pedals, mats and possibly ally surround gone as well...obviously stolen recovered..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Someone has done very nicely out of that deal & someone not clued up is going to get robbed when it comes to buying it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yer seen this one, whats more dodgy is that that plate does not exist on the database!

EDIT: Ahhhh! That explains it, comes from the wirral! [:D][:D][:D]
What's wrong with the Wirral?? [:mad:] [:p]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Maybe the dealer doesn't know what he's got and it could be a 4mo that's been modded?

Edit: just looked again and that's not even a 4mo, Check out how small the rear discs are!! Probably a 2.0 GTI

·
Registered
326 Posts
Leaving the lack of seats, trim etc out of this the dash vents aren't correct - I think the very first press photos of the R32 had these vents but as far as I know all production R32's had the 'proper' vents. [8-|]

I'm thinking this is a 4mo or similar that's been dressed up as an R32.

Jeffers

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I agree that it is probably a look-a-like, but does it have false plates because of the HPi data? Also, no other Golf, apart from the R, came in that colour, and even inside the door frames next to the rubbers is that colour blue, so it must have had a full body respray. It's just too odd.

It's not a South African import or something is it? I know their MKIII VR6s where pretty basic compared to ours??

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Just looked around the web at a couple of SA and Austrailian R32s and they have the full spec, seats, interior, brakes etc. So not one from there!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
what if the car was stolen and driven into a lake! Then the interior may have been completely stripped out, and using parts from a scrappy, slowly put back together.

This would explain the replacement headlights too.

If anyone was buying an R32 they would obviously know about cars and so should spot the things wrong with it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts