Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted the retrofit cruise control kit from VW, only to discover there's no loom to the ecu.Does anyone know where I can get one from?Also any instructions on how to fit it ?I'm a complete beginner on electrics so wiring diagrams might as well be in Chinese!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ...... but fitted everything already.Need the loom from bulkead to ecu - vag parts don't appear to sell it, and Foxy's guide only has a wiring diagram[*-)]Hence the post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that tdi's should have it fitted, BUT my black socket at the bulkhead now has 6 wires going in and 2 wires coming out!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm looking at doing this mod too, any news on the broken links?

vw_teesside sells a complete kit on ebay for £75+£6.95 del.

VAGCAT sell the stalk for 45euros & loom for 20euros but no extra ECU loom available (I believe).

Andy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The kit should come with 4 parts: The stalk, the main loom to connect to the ECU (1J0 971 425 A) and two other looms for cars that are not prewired (1J0 971 425 B and 1J0 971 425 C)

I take it you just need part A which connects into the stalk itself and runs through the bulkhead to the ECU?

Install instructions are here: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/221940.aspx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hijack this, but i have a anni tdi and was wanting to do this mod, can anyone tell me if i will need the extra wiring or will i just need the stalk and the loom to fit into that?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago hardest part was getting plastic panel off under screen.

My kit came with the stalk and a loom to fit to stalk and the other end 4 wires to block under bulkhead then that leaves the black/blue wire i think thats the colour to go to fuse 5 get activated jobs a goodun

Ive was told thats all is needed on the diesels,its on petrol that need an extra loom also to the ecu HTH.

Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
All TDI's, V5's, V6's and later 1.6's (16v) are normally prewired as standard so you should just need the stalk and loom. However the kit comes with the additional two loms so if you need to wire the rest in you can.

·
Registered
286 Posts
vw_teeside are selling the kit on the Bay for £65 + P&P now, if you let them know what car it is for I'm sure they'll make sure you have all the looms needed, my kit didn't come with an extra loom as it's a diesel and they said it'll work with any VW TDi's.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
for all us peeps who are not confident enough to do it ourselves i think ??? Awsome Gti are doing it all in for £100. Inc fitting.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im also doiung this to my gt tdi 130 in the first couple of weeks in the new years.
I have looked and asked and am still confused what wiring is needed!!

What exactly does 'pre-wired' mean here??

What is needed? Just a loom that goes fron the new stalk switch, to the ecu annd plug it in?? Or any more?
Does my install include taking the fuse box apart and modding it into a fuse??

cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts