Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a toyosports exhaust, 2.5" cat back with 3" tail, center silencer and backbox, and its totally silent above 3k rpm unless its really hot. Any ideas why this might be? I've not heard much about the exhaust, but i just found a video of a 1.6 focus with one of their systems fitted (looks to be the same boxes in pictures) and same diameters, and it sounds really nice and raspy. What i mean when i say silent is that there is no rasp to the exhaust, just a drone. http://www.toyosports.co.uk/golf-mk4-16-stainless-steel-exhaust-cat-back-3-round-13899-696-p.asp

That is the system. Can anyone think of any reason for this, after seeing another seemingly identical exhaust im starting to question if i have a duff one, or if the powerflow dealer that fitted it (as the mounting hooks needed to be modified( put some carpet underlay in it lol! Back box is baffled, i dont know if this is a dead give away as to what it will sound like. Any suggestions on what to do? wanted to remove center box, but i was told that it was straight through anyway and that it wasn't worth doing.

Cheers, Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts