Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exhaust would you recomend for me to get in the new year,

atm i have APR remap, Powertec air filter baily diverter valve so my next step will be for a stainless system

so what makes everone one recomend for

sound

Fittment

looks

price

what sort of tail pipe options do u get and do i have to modifiy my rear bumper at all ?

heres a pic

Posted Image

thanx for ur help

·
Registered
106 Posts
awsone gti have got a good deal on for miltek systems i got a 4motion style cat back system 2 weeks ago.

You have 2 options have a hidden tip exhaust system and use your original bumper

or

Get a 4 motion rear valance mine was 35.00 it just replaces your original rear plastics but keeps the oem look.

mine cost 320 odd as the deal awsome are doing is 10% off the exhaust and free fitting just give Ade a shout on the awsome part of the forum.

Another option is to go for the vw racing exhaust these are also supposed to be very good but are very quiet wich is a good thing really.]

theres one forsale in the classified section.

Andy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can i find the rear valance ?

and whats the 4 motion tip look like u got a pic ?

cheers for ur quick reply

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanx thats nice but id rather have a single exit pipe (would like a 4inch outwarly rolled) you know i anyone does that or am i gonna have to go get on made ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
think we have a winner there [:D]

how much the rear valance could i use the 4mo valance with that tailpipe ?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
What about a Powerflow they will custom make you an exhaust I got one made for my anni 2.5 in bore single box pick one of about 20 tailpipes sounds great looks good goes well[:D]?250

·
Registered
106 Posts
4Mo tailpipes look like this

Posted Image

Andy, how have you found your car after the Milltek?
Id think it looks really nice and its also got a nice tone to it the only thing is its started to vibrate on something every now and again so im gona have a look at it today. I dont really do alot of motor way miles but we take a lot of trips odwn to santapod to the air cooled v dub shows and i think its going to be a bit annoying doing 200+ miles with it rumbling behind me as ive never been a big fan of noisy exhausts.

We went in my mates polo G40 a whil back and it was noisy as hell all the way down there. Ive put my sub in my golf now thow so that should even it out a bit :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a Milltek on my A3, which is the same as the Golf exhaust. I had
it for well over a year and could never stop it from catching on
something underneath. I got sick of crawling about underneath trying to
move it away from heat shields, rear beam, spare wheel well and finally
complained to Milltek. They offered to try to refit it for me, but
they're a fair distance from me and I sold the car before I got round
to going.

Do people on here generally find that the fit is OK, or do you find that they catch the underneath somewhere?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Blueflame certainly looks like quality kit, and is factory fit on some very prestigious cars, but the web site seems so vague and lacking application specific information. I went with Milltek in the end, because of the better information available, and they have an off-the-shelf design that suits my car whereas Blueflame would have to custom build one.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Blueflame certainly looks like quality kit, and is factory fit on some very prestigious cars, but the web site seems so vague and lacking application specific information. I went with Milltek in the end, because of the better information available, and they have an off-the-shelf design that suits my car whereas Blueflame would have to custom build one.
Yeah i agree about their website, its next to pointless.

I have seen quite a few 1.8T Blueflame exhausts on eBay, so the custom route is not the only way to go mate.

I have never heard one though, has anyone got a video of one?

Yeah blueflame make TVR's exhausts , pretty neat hey [:D]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Blueflame exhaust! Blueflame is the new Miltek [:p]
Miltek used to be the exhaust of choice over on the TT forum but most now are going for the Blueflame got a very good rep on thr TT forum

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have seen quite a few 1.8T Blueflame exhausts on eBay, so the custom route is not the only way to go mate.
Great if you drive a 1.8T [;)]
Sorry mate, i always juts seem to assume everyone drives a 1.8T....

What do you have?

Think i should recommend RAGE exhausts, get a nice twin 5" flametip on there [;)] ..... lol

·
Registered
832 Posts
Blueflame exhaust! Blueflame is the new Miltek [:p]
Miltek used to be the exhaust of choice over on the TT forum but most now are going for the Blueflame got a very good rep on thr TT forum
Yeah would,t surprise me ! BF is route im going to go down very shortly !

Does anyone know what these actually sound like?

Anyone had any problems?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts