Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know if magnex or milltek produce a turbo-back exhaust for this type of car, i mean i know they make for the FWD but is different from the 4motion?

thank you

·
Registered
137 Posts
Milltek certainly make an exhaust for the TDI 4Motion, but whether it is catback or turbo back, I'm not sure.

Phil Newbold ( I think he's called ) had a couple of articles in VW Driver magasine on this tuned tdi 4M with a

Revo remap and a Milltek. Give them a call and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI

Well I have a GT 4motion with the Milltec on it but it is not an off the shelf item as there just are not enough people with 4motion TDI golfs wanting them and no one else does anything to fit as yet.

Phil had them make one for his car first and I then I was the second to get it done it uses Audi A3 Quattro parts and sportback parts.

It is only a half system at the moment as the front pipes are different to the FWD model and we have not managed to get them to make one yet.

If I am honest the exhaust does not seem to make any difference at all to how the car goes it is very quiet having the two silencers though .

I had mine fitted before I had it superchiped and the superchip is by far better value performance wise .

If the gti rear box fits on I would just get hold of one of those instead of shelling out 350 on the Milltec.

If the downpipe was done that is were the extra power will come from but we will have to wait and see if it is possible for them to do it.

Pete.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you so much, i've waited for this answer way too long

the local dealer told me that is not possible also but i didn't belive him

i'll change my turbo with vt3 from allard so i'll have another exhaust and downpipe

cheers

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I don't see why not, theres nothing to complex about diesel, air and fuel the more air you get in the more fuel you can add and if the injectors can cope with 250bhp... Big turbo means more power, it even seems like the intercooler is upto the job ! tempted ?[;)]

·
Registered
890 Posts
Milltek certainly make an exhaust for the TDI 4Motion, but whether it is catback or turbo back, I'm not sure.

Phil Newbold ( I think he's called ) had a couple of articles in VW Driver magasine on this tuned tdi 4M with a

Revo remap and a Milltek. Give them a call and let us know how you get on.
Does anyone know what issue of this magazine this was in? I'd be interested to read what a tuned TDI 4motion is like [:D]

[Y]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the same

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the same company as

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the same company

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the same company as superchips/vw

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think so, if they quote higher figures and people have the conversion don't get similar results then they will be unhappy, superchips are the same when the quote figures. AMD in my opinion are overpriced, if your brave you can remove your turbo and get it buit as a hybrid for a lot less than AMD will charge. I was quoted ?300-400 for a hybrid on my focus by turbodynamics (I think that was there name) just use the same company as superchips/vw racing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts