Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rieger illuminated gear knob arrived this morning.

Ordered on the Thursday 16th Feb from riegeretc.com and it arrived today (21st Feb) all the way from America. Cost ?66.65 ($113). Best of all though, it was marked as a GIFT on the customs form so didn't have to pay the postman any VAT.

NB. If any one from the Inland Revenue is reading this then it didn't arrive marked as a gift and I did pay the VAT!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the one with the chrome ring and i had grey stitching. I will post a pic when I get it done. Maybe tomorrow or the weekend.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just emailed Rieger to enquire about a group buy. I'll await there response and post in the group buy section.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I've just emailed Rieger to enquire about a group buy. I'll await there response and post in the group buy section.
Good luck mate. I ran a GB for these before xmas. The discount i was able to give members was only ?10 and with all the different combinations its a nightmare. Plus i got hit for ?92 thru customs, personally i'd stick to buying them individually.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aaah. Good point about the customs thing. Will probably not bother then. I'll see what Rieger say though when i get my reply.

Thanks Simon for the clicky.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fitted it today. Its a quick mod. only took about 30 mins.

Here are a couple of pictures.

www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger1.jpg

www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg

Perhaps someone can do a post to show the pictures for me - please.

·
Registered
438 Posts

www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg

Looks good!

Although when I try and post the pictures, I cant see them.

Peter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for sorting the piccy's. I've no idea why I can't do it.

The only thing I would say about this though is that the throw seems to be a little longer and the knob sits a little higher than the original. I'm going to cut about a centimetre or so off the stick.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Fitted it today. Its a quick mod. only took about 30 mins. Here are a couple of pictures. www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger1.jpg www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg Perhaps someone can do a post to show the pictures for me - please.
that looks so wicked!

the reason why your pictures arent showing is becuase you need to do the following...

[ img ] www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg [ /img ] do that but without any spaces and your sorted

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fitted it today. Its a
quick mod. only took about 30 mins. Here are a couple of pictures.
www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg Perhaps someone can do
a post to show the pictures for me - please.
that looks so wicked!

the reason why your pictures arent showing is becuase you need to do the following...

[ img ] www.invisibleincdesign.com/assets/i/Rieger2.jpg [ /img ] do that but without any spaces and your sorted
I have managed to sort this out now. I use an AppleMac with Safari. I
can post pictures and links properly on this forum if I use Firefox.

Thanks for the help though.[Y]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts