Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the info' Derv', much appreciated! Someone else mentioned the outside skin alignment can be adjusted too. But how much I don't know...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Will the outter skin position dictate how hard you have to slam the door though? I'd have thought your first idea of door catch/ latch position would have been right.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Will the outter skin position dictate how hard you have to slam the door though?
I guess you're right, it won't make any difference to how hard I slam the door. I only thought about the panel alignment when someone mentioned it and saw that the door is more out of alignment at the bottom than the top. I will sort this striker adjustment out, as the slamming thing takes priority. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ukguy

I have a new Golf Match five door, i find a lot of noise intrusion from outside entering the cabin the dealer says this is normal happens on all MK5. Sounds to me like a lack of sound proofing all round the car, tyre noise is also bad. Most of the noise appears to come from the drivers door, as the window closes it stops with a thud i was wondering if there is to much clearance between the glass and seal when the weather improves i will investigate the drivers door & window seals, I will report back.

Cheers Windy

21 - 24 of 24 Posts