Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted Greenlight & others today, asked for quoatation for my car complete with remap & full miltek system, Greenlight very helpful but =?689, Golf+ magazine approved insurers = ?980 Adrian Flux same cover & Excess = ?453 !!

Guess who i'm going with[;)]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I got a brilliant quote from Adrian Flux this week too

Greenlight want ?649 plus an additional ?75 for a remap.

Flux quoted ?638 including remap. I also mentioned that i'd like to fit coilover suspension sometime in the future - they said it won't affect my premium with this particular policy?

He was probably just trying to make a sale but I will be hard pushed to find a quote better than that!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Ahhhh! But the thing with adrian flux is that it's 10 months cover, not 12. I thought they had given me a good quote, then saw I was getting 2 less months!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Ahhhh! But the thing with adrian flux is that it's 10 months cover, not 12. I thought they had given me a good quote, then saw I was getting 2 less months!
Really?! I've just switched to Adrian Flux and they never mentioned that to me[:|] Best I check the paperwork when it comes through then! I won't be happy if it's a 10 month policy[:mad:]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
That's what I found when they sent me the quote through, may not be everyones case. Sure, it was ?150 cheaper, but in real terms, only ?20 cheaper than my existing policy because my existing was 12 months cover. Also, it became more expensive with Adrian Flux when you want to pay via monthly instalments, infact, working out a LOT more than Egg who I'm with at the moment.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
My Adrian Flux policy is def 12 months. As for installments the percentage they charge is ridiculous something like 20-30%.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the paperwork, definetly 12 months so a good quote [:D]

The interest rate is very high but I always pay in one go and save as I go so not applicable thankfully[;)]

One negative thing though they are not very efficient at answering E-mail, suppose I could always use the phone[:cool:]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not bad at all that. I'm paying a grand but then I have nos!!!
We have recently set up a scheme with an insurer that offers excellent
rates for vehicles fitted with NOS. Give me a call when yours comes up
and i'll sort you out a good quote.

Best Regards

Neil

Greenlight Insurance

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There has been a development on mine, I had forgotten to add the wife as a named driver on the original quote, she has one SP30 which meant a change in insurer so quote increased by ?115 but still the cheapest by ?134 and this is for 12 months, unlimited mileage so still happy[:D]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Sem it is with 'NIG' why is that not good ? The original company they were going to place the policy with prior to my mentioning the wifes SP30 was called Equity Red Star.

I am not taking the cover until next Monday so if you have any negative views please let me know.

Cheers [:|]

·
Registered
567 Posts
got to sing adrian flux's praises too me and my biatch fully comp with a revo ss/exhaust 18 wheels and a dumpvalve ?730 well happy HIC wanted ?1900 where do they get these numbers from  greenlight wont touch a cardiff area postcode

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I was just wondering mate as my quote was also with NIG (12 months, unlimited miles per anum).

Did they mention anything to you about mods? The guy who I spoke to was only interested in the remap and said suspension/exhaust wont affect premium.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I`m currently with Admiral,and can confirm have got a 12 month policy,covers cat back milltek + filter........?380 protected [Y][Y][Y]!!!!!!

BONUS......am well happy [:D] and saved ?200+ over Dial Direct.......will prob switch to A/Flux when I get mapped tho.......[;)]

shopping around and playing the companies off against one another is the way forward,they all WANT your money...... so will almost certainly match any other competitors premiums....[;)][;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts